RE: An earlier post regarding the UPS and shipping restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSB

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Tangent of a Whirling Dervish
38   0
Reaction score

Is there a Lawyer in this group who could find a legitimate argument for a class action case suit to compel the US government run business i.e. the Postal Service to provide shipping for all legal commerce business between US citizens and lawfully licensed businesses. Can the Interstate Commerce Law be challenged to include the rights of of private individual to engage in interstate commerce. From there the second phase would be to compel the Postal Service to honor the the individual rights to commerce of legal items under the commerce clause.

I'm sorry if this sounds a little convoluted to some, but damn it men, we have to start somewhere.

PS I'm not a Lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

You're going to need deep pockets to
Freedom isn't free!! If you get a case before the supreme court I'd bet most layers would go pro bono for the opportunity to argue before the SCOTUS. It's getting the case to that point which is costly. The firearm's industry will need to foot this bill with individual joining in with multiple amicus briefs.
We are quickly heading to the point where the only place to buy items will be from companies with their own distribution systems. How much of what you need or want can you find at Walmart? At what point is regulation and legislation creating de facto monopolies.
Just saying "it will take deep pockets" does nothing to further this conversation. I'm well aware of what this would take in time, energy and money and personal sacrifice. My question is whether or not there is a legitimate legally argument to achieve the the objective and nothing else.

You do realize UPS is not the US Postal Service don’t you?
While you're trolling please re-read my original post and you might note I never mentioned UPS? I pasted a link from another thread, but directed my question to the operations of the USPS. So other than that, have you nothing positive to add to my question? This is why I rarely post on this site. Hard to find POSITIVE constructive thinking. It's also why so many posts end up locked as this one just did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom