• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

George Lutas

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
I just bought an infidel but wish to make sure it is real. Can you please tell me if this is legit?
mumD5
mumD5
R0dYY
X2gMb
AMBEe

Attachments

• 20180412_184147[1].jpg
    20180412_184147[1].jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 377
  • 20180412_184154[1].jpg
    20180412_184154[1].jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 357
  • 20180412_184200[1].jpg
    20180412_184200[1].jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 20180412_184248[1].jpg
    20180412_184248[1].jpg
    30 KB · Views: 370
I bought it second hand and was a bit worried. Also, It needs some fixing up so I'm calling on the warranty system to get it sorted out. Because of the problems it has, the blade rattles when you shake it around (more so when you shake it while it is upside down) and while it has no travel along the axis of the slide, it does sometimes fail to fully retract or extend when I trigger the mechanism. The edge isn't sharpened either (did it with a test not with my eyes as I know this kind of metal can give it a kind of blunt look even when it is sharp) and I needed much more force then I thought necessary to actually trigger the mechanism. All of this basically meant that it was either a busted up fake or a busted up real one but I sure as hell didn't want to send them the fake if it turned out to be the fake because I wouldn't be getting it back and so I couldn't get a refund otherwise.

I bought it second hand and was a bit worried. Also, It needs some fixing up so I'm calling on the warranty system to get it sorted out. Because of the problems it has, the blade rattles when you shake it around (more so when you shake it while it is upside down) and while it has no travel along the axis of the slide, it does sometimes fail to fully retract or extend when I trigger the mechanism. The edge isn't sharpened either (did it with a test not with my eyes as I know this kind of metal can give it a kind of blunt look even when it is sharp) and I needed much more force then I thought necessary to actually trigger the mechanism. All of this basically meant that it was either a busted up fake or a busted up real one but I sure as hell didn't want to send them the fake if it turned out to be the fake because I wouldn't be getting it back and so I couldn't get a refund otherwise.
Unfortunately Infidels tend to pick up a lot of lint when carried a lot and that'll cause them problems firing and retracting. If they're used a good bit for cutting and lose that razor edge they come with these things are a major pain in the butt to get back to a razor sharp edge unless you really know what you're doing. D2 is a tool steel that's not the easiest to sharpen plus the fact that the Infidel is double edged with only one side sharpened. You knife looks exactly like the one I have so it looks legit from the pics, mine has been carried A LOT and used a lot too so the blade isn't nearly as tight as it once was and certainly isn't as sharp as it was when it was new. When mine got to where it wouldn't fire & retract right I sprayed brake cleaner generously through it and blew it out with my air compressor. Once it was good and dry I used a little Wilson Combat gun oil in the slots where the button is and a drop or two in the hole on the end of the handle and a tiny bit at the base of the blade and that fixed it. I still need to send it to Benchmade for a "tune up" to tighten up the blade and get it sharpened. All that being said, after I traded for my first Microtech OTF I'll probably never buy any other OTF knife other than Microtech again. The quality of Microtech blows Benchmade right outta the water in my opinion.

Unfortunately Infidels tend to pick up a lot of lint when carried a lot and that'll cause them problems firing and retracting. If they're used a good bit for cutting and lose that razor edge they come with these things are a major pain in the butt to get back to a razor sharp edge unless you really know what you're doing. D2 is a tool steel that's not the easiest to sharpen plus the fact that the Infidel is double edged with only one side sharpened. You knife looks exactly like the one I have so it looks legit from the pics, mine has been carried A LOT and used a lot too so the blade isn't nearly as tight as it once was and certainly isn't as sharp as it was when it was new. When mine got to where it wouldn't fire & retract right I sprayed brake cleaner generously through it and blew it out with my air compressor. Once it was good and dry I used a little Wilson Combat gun oil in the slots where the button is and a drop or two in the hole on the end of the handle and a tiny bit at the base of the blade and that fixed it. I still need to send it to Benchmade for a "tune up" to tighten up the blade and get it sharpened. All that being said, after I traded for my first Microtech OTF I'll probably never buy any other OTF knife other than Microtech again. The quality of Microtech blows Benchmade right outta the water in my opinion.

Benchmade is garbage......

Benchmade is garbage......
That's why I'm just gonna send it in for a tune up, nobody would buy it if I tried to sell it unless I practically give it away. And I bought it long before I knew how good the Microtechs were, I've had this one for probably 10-12 years.

Back
Top Bottom