• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Real country music

That song is so awesome. Can you imagine any country artist that has come out in the past 15 years having the genius to make music such as this. There is no way.
I'm a huge fan of many types of music. We will never see or hear new music like we have grown up with. New bands today will NEVER have the longevity that past musicians have had. NEVER.

I agree. I'm not from ATL, but rather eastern KY in the Appalachia where bluegrass is currency. But I agree with your sentiments. I just meant most people think Nashville is the birthplace of country music...which it is not.

The very first country "star", or country radio personality was fiddlin' John Carson from Atlanta. He was one of the first famous people on any radio station, anywhere, because radio had not been around for too long when he was on there. The reason they say country was born in Atlanta was mainly because of him being the first one who brought it to the masses via radio, but it would be impossible to say for sure where it actually started. It spun off from bluegrass originally, and bluegrass was and is a completely original American form of music. With the early settlers, they brought the old Celtic and Scottish ballads with them, as B. Byrd stated. As the years and generations passed and the mountain folk were in their own worlds for all those years, the old world tunes were changed and recreated into the new style, which is the oldest style of American music today, along with gospel, and much of the time they go together. It's interesting that this his been brought up in here. I wasn't were that many people were aware of Atlanta being credited with being where country music began. And I'm still not sure that many are aware of it.

Most all of what's called country today is either pop or southern rock ...

Probably 2 guys that sing today that still sing country music are George Strait & Allen Jackson ...

Nothing wrong with Southern Rock or Texas Red a Dirt Music.

Back
Top Bottom