• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Real country music

She's not country, but she sure is pretty. I particularly admire the way she promoted her career as a teenager. At 16 she produced, wrote all 9 songs, and performed a CD. Then her mother drove her around with them sleeping in the car and as a teenager personally called on DJ's and program directors hustling her CD. She turned it into a hit.

Ray Willie Hubbard is awesome. So is Robert Earl Keen. A few more recent guys on the scene that brings it back home are: Sturgill Simpson, Cody Jinks, Whity Morgan and the 78's, Jason Isbell and Chris Stapleton....and then there's my buddy Cody Canada and his bro-in-law Wade Bowen. Great guys and awesome musicians.

Seeing the pic of Taylor Swift made me think....remember when Kayne took the mic from her during her award speech, not one male (Luke Bryan, Keith Urban, Toby Keith, etc..) had the balls to walk up and punch the dog**** outta him. Imagine if that happened back in the day if Kayne had grabbed the mic from Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Tanya Tucker, or Tammy Wynette. I think Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Johhny Paycheck and David Allen Coe would have ripped him a new one!

I like Chris Janson 99% of the time and then he writes a ****ty song like "Truck Yeah" for Tim McGraw and I just shake my head. So minus the ****ty "Truck Yeah" song, the rest of his catalog is really good.

Here is Chris Janson singing ""When I'm Holding Her"

Seeing the pic of Taylor Swift made me think....remember when Kayne took the mic from her during her award speech, not one male (Luke Bryan, Keith Urban, Toby Keith, etc..) had the balls to walk up and punch the dog**** outta him. Imagine if that happened back in the day if Kayne had grabbed the mic from Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Tanya Tucker, or Tammy Wynette. I think Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Johhny Paycheck and David Allen Coe would have ripped him a new one!
I think they woul have knocked Kanye East.

I think they woul have knocked Kanye East.

How about Kanye Twitty?
10953227_10152523223211899_8529715348909029090_n.jpg

She's not country, but she sure is pretty. I particularly admire the way she promoted her career as a teenager. At 16 she produced, wrote all 9 songs, and performed a CD. Then her mother drove her around with them sleeping in the car and as a teenager personally called on DJ's and program directors hustling her CD. She turned it into a hit.

Her father played a BIG part in helping to promote her career early on. She is very driven and probably one of the hardest workers in a very cut-throat industry. She's doing something right for sure. Not too tough to look at either

Back
Top Bottom