• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Real estate rant..... ************!

HUD is already doing that. Buddy has a nice home in an older middle class neighborhood. His neighbor moved and set her house up to rent with some type of govt housing program. She gets so much a month from the govt. 3 renters ago, ended up having a drive by shooting, 2nd renters ago, really into pitbulls and weed, quite the issue. But now, the new renter seems to be ok, kids play travel ball, doesnt seem to be ghetto like the previous renters.

HUD is already doing that. Buddy has a nice home in an older middle class neighborhood. His neighbor moved and set her house up to rent with some type of govt housing program. She gets so much a month from the govt. 3 renters ago, ended up having a drive by shooting, 2nd renters ago, really into pitbulls and weed, quite the issue. But now, the new renter seems to be ok, kids play travel ball, doesnt seem to be ghetto like the previous renters.
but thats just it

you have a mixed unit living situation. one guy is paying 1800 a month and the HUD voucher pays 1100. apartment complex claims "limited availability, so we can charge more"........artificial occupancy rates right here caused by gov and the extra rent charged to the non voucher payer is not the true median price

Random Zillow rental search in Forsyth county - 2-3k per month for basic homes.....

I think we can kiss the nuclear family with a single wage earning father and stay at home mom goodbye in our lifetime.

Sent from my BV4900Pro using Tapatalk
TBH I think the single wage earner and stay at home mom was pretty much gone years ago....

Housing costs in Atlanta and Atlanta Metro are way more than I would want to deal with. Add traffic congestion to that and I would find a better way to live if I had a family to support and kids to raise. But to each his own.

It is kind of baffling to me that more people do not buy land and build right now. Building materials are up sure, and construction costs are up etc, but they are maintaining pretty much the same rise in cost of existing homes and with rent thru the roof. I think if I were in the position of having to buy another home to live in, I would seriously look at building. Land prices (while rising) don't seem to be skyrocketing as much as existing homes.

This market right now is so weird, to think you could buy a house with acreage in Cobb county less than ten years ago for under 175K....and now, I am not sure there is a house in Cobb County that is livable for under 200K....
I buy land for residential development. You know the biggest obstacle to new development, right?
It's everyone in the area saying they don't want any more development, even though at some point in the past they were the ones new to the area!

Listed a rental on Zillow raised the rent $490 from the previous tenant and in 10 days had 1600 views and I lost count of the inquiries and applications. Got a very qualified long term tenant.
I don't doubt I could rent both of mine for $400+ each more than I was. Thing is at 60, I am tired of dealing w/ rentals for over 20yrs. With the market being as it is - time for me to cash out.

My plan is I got the one listed on Zillow "as is" b/c it needs few things to make it decent and a few more to make it nice. Figure if someone wants to take on the project, have at it - else I will and raise the prices accordingly. There are very few if any 3bed/2bath/2car on 1 acre in Forsyth county for less than $350k.

I looked on Zillow at the homes for sale in Forsyth County. No way on earth those huts are worth what they are selling for. If someone is that desperate and willing to overpay, I would take the money and run to one of the other 146 counties in Georgia outside of metro Atlanta and find a home.

Yesterday morning I woke up and checked my email. There was a property in Danielsville that caught my eye.
$225k for a 3bedroom, 2 bathroom house with 27 ACRES!
First phone call I made was to my agent. I'll drive 1 1/2 hours to work if I have to just to get that deal.
Turned out the listing agent was listing the wrong house. It was supposed to be 3 acres.
Shoot.

I buy land for residential development. You know the biggest obstacle to new development, right?
It's everyone in the area saying they don't want any more development, even though at some point in the past they were the ones new to the area!

That's a gross oversimplification. We don't want more traffic, it is bad enough. We don't want more stop lights. We don't want higher taxes to pay for more schools and endless neverending road construction to deal with the influx, we don't want to deal with redistricting our kids, we think the grocery store is crowded enough, there's plenty of land already zoned R1 that you can go develop, why come into my community and work to rezone when you have plenty of other R1 available for your ventures. It has nothing to do with "not wanting new people" as normal turnover in a community has people coming and going all the time these days. It's about not wanting more people for many legitimate tangible reasons.

Back
Top Bottom