• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Real estate rant..... ************!

That line of thinking has cost a lot of people very nice homes. Much nicer than their apartments. There is nothing crazy about this market. It is simply demand exceeding supply made worse by building material inflation and higher labor costs.
ohh ya, there will never be homes for sale again ever you better get in right now!!

/sarcasm

do you real estate guys believe your own gospel? too big to fail? i could be wrong (and part of me hopes i am wrong) but 08 is going to look like a joke

ohh ya, there will never be homes for sale again ever you better get in right now!!

/sarcasm

do you real estate guys believe your own gospel? too big to fail? i could be wrong (and part of me hopes i am wrong) but 08 is going to look like a joke

My opinion is if 2008 looks like a Joke, then Oct 1929 will become the 2nd worst day in the US economy and We all will be hurting for something.

Too big to fail??

"If you took out a mortgage over the last couple of years, there's a good chance the holder of that loan is America's central bank — a consequence of its monetary stimulus efforts throughout the pandemic."

"By the numbers: Back in February 2020, the Fed owned $1.4 trillion in mortgage-backed securities, and the number was falling rapidly. But when the pandemic took hold, the central bank began a new round of bond purchases (known as "quantitative easing"), swelling that number to $2.7 trillion.'

So...we the taxpayers now "own" the mortgages that everyone is so hot to take on? (FYI, I know that's an oversimplification.).

Does that mean I can get a free week in a McMansion in Florida this year? It's not free if I already paid / am paying for it via taxes, right?

Is this how big corporations are able to "purchase" all those houses for more than the asking price? Because we, the taxpayers are funding the gov'ment and the gov'ment is funding the mortgages?

Alas, 'tis a shame we paid off our mortgage 'ere so long ago and cannot avail ourselves of this pandemic money.

Correct. Prices will trend higher this year at a lower rate, but still up. Working with young couple that decided to sell for $60,000 in higher than expected gain and have a $400,000 cap. They are completely priced out of Forsyth and Cherokee, but may find a nice home in Pauling.
What are they looking for in Cherokee. I have one we will be bringing to market in a month or so. It’s a 3/2 on 1.5 acres in north Cherokee

That line of thinking has cost a lot of people very nice homes. Much nicer than their apartments. There is nothing crazy about this market. It is simply demand exceeding supply made worse by building material inflation and higher labor costs.

/sarcasm

I thought he was talking more about getting what you want and not trying to time the market. For me, getting a house now would be worth more than getting a better deal on a house later. I am sick of being in an apartment.

Back
Top Bottom