• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Real purpose of most of us on ODT

Once upon a time, all I really wanted was one of them ceramic glock things that couldn't be detected by X-rays, and I thought I might be able to pick one up here.

You would've had to own one prior to 1934, when the class 3 stamps came into effect. I believe it was. Honestly I've had access to select fire weapons for a long time. I've used them in tactical and training situations and personally I don't have a use for full auto, 3 round burst maybe. A belt drive machine gun is another story on a battlefield. Did you know that there was a time some firearms were made without serial numbers before 1968.
No i didnt know the serial number but that kool. the 3 round burst is still amazing. the closest thing is binary for todays standard

If I could justify the cost, ( don't see it happening) I think it would be cool to own a Norrell trigger pack for a 10 22 , legal and transferable, from pre 86.
Or one of the Tippman Arms miniature belt fed 22lr machine guns..
But the 10 22 would be far more practical, with today's factory Ruger BX 25, and BX 50 magazines.

22 Lr is about the only caliber that I could afford to feed in full auto.

But is it something I need?
Hell no.

I owned a Smith 581 in nickel 3 times. Last time I sold it was a couple years back. If I saw it listed here today I would be toast. Bet the price would have gone up a good bit though.

Back
Top Bottom