• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

REALLY?!?!?! ONLY 1 SUGGESTION?!?!? NEED AN AR-15 BARREL CUT, CROWNED, RETHREADED & PIN/WELD

Blake Braswell

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
39   0
Reaction score
the one place I was recommended was absolutely outrageous with prices when I called. They told me $100 just for a pin and weld job. That's the joke and I know it. I have a 16 inch barrel that I need cut to 13.35 and I need it threaded and a muzzle device pin and weld it. Somebody please tell me a very skilled but reasonably priced gunsmith.

Thanks

$100 for a pin and weld is not uncommon.

Unless this is a super high end barrel... you'd be silly to pay to get it cut and rethreaded.

You could just buy a new barrel in your desired length. for just a little bit more $$$
It's an LMT barrel and the barrel length that I want is not made by anyone except in materials or styles that I don't want. for example the only one I've been able to find is 13.5 which is longer than my desired length and is a stainless barrel. I do not want the stainless barrel.

Actually no one makes a barrel in the exact length that I want this one cut to lol pretty much my only option
Well. Sounds like you're in for another $200+ on an already expensive barrel.

I wouldn't cut lose some bargain garage gunsmith on a barrel like that.. and if you're turning up your nose at a $100 pin and weld... that's about all you're going to get.

Good luck!

Well. Sounds like you're in for another $200+ on an already expensive barrel.

I wouldn't cut lose some bargain garage gunsmith on a barrel like that.. and if you're turning up your nose at a $100 pin and weld... that's about all you're going to get.

Good luck!
yeah I got the barrel for a ridiculous deal and it already had a geissele gas block pinned on it so I couldn't pass it up but as for the pw job being one hundred bucks I understand that I just think for someone to start out with that for just a pain and well it's too high for all the work I need done

It's an LMT barrel and the barrel length that I want is not made by anyone except in materials or styles that I don't want. for example the only one I've been able to find is 13.5 which is longer than my desired length and is a stainless barrel. I do not want the stainless barrel.
Which LMT barrel? Either you likely have a FSB barrel someone stuck a Geissele gas block on or you have an MRP barrel.....which raises other concerning questions. Have a picture of it?

As info, SOLGW/Ballistic Advantage have a 13.7 barrels. It's only .35" longer, so unless your are trying to get hella close to a rail with a can, it would likely be a more economical option. Also, how did you come to the 13.35" length?

In this saturated market... cut, thread and P&W is likely going to exceed the value of an average AR15 barrel. Exceptions like Centurion, Douglas, Proof, Hodge, etc....of course. I don't know any reputable shops doing that UNDER $100.

Call Bob Simms in Palmetto. He threads and installs muzzle breaks on hunting guns for $145. That is including the muzzle break n the price.

I do not know if he pins and welds, but you can ask him. He does about everything else.

Back
Top Bottom