• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Realty question

How long has it been that way, how long have you owned your home, what attempts in the last seven years have been made to correct either the title to the property, or the land/lot lines. I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV...

According to Georgia law, adverse possession, also referred to as “squatters rights” laws, provides that an individual who occupies a piece of land, but is not the title owner, may nevertheless attain ownership of that land under certain conditions after 20 years, or under “color of title” for seven years. Color of title simply means that an individual has a legal, but defective, claim to the property, such as possessing a deed to property that is simultaneously held by another individual. In Georgia, the individual claiming adverse possession must have a document or deed demonstrating a claim to obtain the land in 7 years by adverse possession.

How long has it been that way, how long have you owned your home, what attempts in the last seven years have been made to correct either the title to the property, or the land/lot lines. I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV...

According to Georgia law, adverse possession, also referred to as “squatters rights” laws, provides that an individual who occupies a piece of land, but is not the title owner, may nevertheless attain ownership of that land under certain conditions after 20 years, or under “color of title” for seven years. Color of title simply means that an individual has a legal, but defective, claim to the property, such as possessing a deed to property that is simultaneously held by another individual. In Georgia, the individual claiming adverse possession must have a document or deed demonstrating a claim to obtain the land in 7 years by adverse possession.
I've been here 10 years im waiting to see if they except my offer if not I'll get an attorney to handle it.

Back
Top Bottom