• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Realty question

Is a warranty deed the same?

No... title insurance covers a defective title, usually purchased to protect the Mortgage Company to ensure they have a good and clear title to the property. I would contact the closing attorney that did your closing, or, as a minimum, look back to see if you paid for a title search, which should have identified this as a problem.

No... title insurance covers a defective title, usually purchased to protect the Mortgage Company to ensure they have a good and clear title to the property. I would contact the closing attorney that did your closing, or, as a minimum, look back to see if you paid for a title search, which should have identified this as a problem.
Will do

Forgot to ask... did you purchase the land and build on it, or did you buy it as it exists today? Would make a big difference if you were in error by building on someone else's property.

I am also curious how the tax records would have this property recorded... do the county tax maps show your house "straddling" across the two separate but distinct pieces of property? Or, did the adjacent property recently sell to a new owner that led to this discovery? Lots of questions about something that should never have closed with an attorney, unless something has changed since your purchase/closing on the property.

Upon further consideration of your dilemma, When you purchased your property, the closing attorney would have done a title search, You would have received a plat. If indeed this has happened I would go against the closing attorney..But first I would seek Nancy's advise as to your situation. Best wishes for your success!

Okay the story just found out my house is split down the middle by the property line. They are trying to sell the lot next to me but half of my house is on it
:shocked:Holy **** man. I hope they accept your offer and this is over quick and easy...Unfortunately it never seems to go as smooth as it should.

This is a first for me and I have been involved in real estate for maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany years. I have had to cut the corner off of a concrete driveway just to show separation between me and the neighbor before the closing attorney would close. I have seen fences that had to be moved, and storage sheds "repositioned", and even a couple of old junker cars that had to be towed a few feet, but NEVER a house that needed to be chainsawed down the middle!!

Back
Top Bottom