Reasonable & Competent Old School Gunsmith Needed

eli'sbook

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
351   0
Reaction score
N. E. Henry County between Stockbridge & Conyers
Reasonable & Competent Old School Gunsmith Needed

I'm an old gray haired coot whom does not like to dance nor be lied too, I like to have no bull S#*t conversation and very much like to deal with a person whom I'd stand around the hunt camp before packing up to go home and have a beer with.
I have a few small items that need a gunsmith with confidence and competence to get the job done but I can NOT afford to pay the monthly note on a Escalade. Does this exist in the world to date and if so is their such a person on the poor ass southside of Atlanta ?

I'm in Henry county (but wish not to be any longer) and wonder if such a person does still even live and one that gets high praise from his/her customers. My guy quit the business years ago due to a beast called severe arthritis and a guy I used before him has died (something to do with getting near 90 years young).

Please - not looking for a million jokes, just seriously wonder if a person can still get the job done and at a fair price !

I am in the same boat also. Colley Jackson and Jack Bennett really spoiled me. I have had one nightmare experiance and do not want another. Have one but he is part time gun and full time A/C contractor. Hope we get some new leads

This makes me want to take up the biz. Wondering if this is dying out. I have been turned away on 1911 work form places that seem to just swap parts on glocks and ARs all day.

Check with Shannon Jennings at Arrowhead Pawn in Jonesboro--He's the best "General Purpose" Gunsmith I've used in at least 15, 20 years--Reasonably quick and reasonably-priced, too...

Bear in mind that good work never was cheap. I am not sure where he is now but Bill Schwartz of of Big Buck Mountain road near Elijay is very capable.

I am in the same boat also. Colley Jackson and Jack Bennett really spoiled me. I have had one nightmare experience and do not want another. Have one but he is part time gun and full time A/C contractor. Hope we get some new leads

I've had two that as it turned out were only parts swappers over the years, can't afford to pay for shotty work.

Back
Top Bottom