• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rebel Silencers

I have all my info in the Silencer Shop system. They are always running sales on different suppressors. The early bird gets the worm, and I totally understand wanting to save money.

Disclaimer: the SS system makes it way too easy, and could be dangerous to your bank account.......#donttellmywife. 4 stamps pending.
I’m getting real close to throwing down on a Sandman K - and go through SS. 41f has saved me a lot of money the last 2 years but I’m getting over it.

I have all my info in the Silencer Shop system. They are always running sales on different suppressors. The early bird gets the worm, and I totally understand wanting to save money.

Disclaimer: the SS system makes it way too easy, and could be dangerous to your bank account.......#donttellmywife. 4 stamps pending.

My wife is on my trust from my SBR and pre 41f plan to get a suppressor, which never did....

I can't get away with anything....

The question is, what would you guy's recommend as a beginner to suppressors. Currently I have a 300BO I want to suppress and a 9mm I want to as well. Depending on price I might spring for both, if I get a 22 can it means I have to find a host as well lol.

Tell us which cans you are looking at (so we can comment and live vicariously). I consider several good .30 cal cans from Silencerco, dead air, sig, etc in the $600-900 range; so when you say $1200 I assume you are going for the Bugatti vs. the Taurus.

I was really just going off silencerco's website, the saker asr is ~$1100 on their site plus the stamp.

My wife is on my trust from my SBR and pre 41f plan to get a suppressor, which never did....

I can't get away with anything....

The question is, what would you guy's recommend as a beginner to suppressors. Currently I have a 300BO I want to suppress and a 9mm I want to as well. Depending on price I might spring for both, if I get a 22 can it means I have to find a host as well lol.

I have a Rugged obsidian 9 pending, which will handle 300 bo subs only. That one will primarily be on my CZ EVO or pistols, but may hunt with it in my 300 Pistol.

I also have a Dobbs ARC30 which is built like a tank, direct thread and monicore design. It’s silly quiet with 300 subs and does really well with full power 308, 300, and 556.

The 22 will be the one you shoot the most.......however, you will gather host with that one.

I agree with Rolling_trip Rolling_trip dont go cheap. The wait is brutal, suppressors are kind of simple business. Sure there are innovative new designs; lighter, stronger, less barrel restrictions, different mounting solutions or the ability to change the OAL of the suppressor to k models etc. but the business of actual sound suppression we typically are talking a few Dbs here or there, or a better/different tone. But nothing is like “this can is wicked silent compared to alllll others” so for 250-350.00 yes one can have a reliable, effective suppressor.

I own several cans, however one of those is a Hunter Town Arms Guardian 9 Gen 2. I picked it up for around 150.00 I believe. Stamp was 200.00 obviously, so for 350.00 got a 9mm suppressor with a 1/2x28 piston. First 2 baffles are SS and the rest are aluminum. Rotate the 2 blast baffles and the rest of the stack within itself. No ground breaking technology. Locking baffles with a mouse hole. I bought a 1/2x36 fixed barrel mount and run it on a CZ Evo, AR-9 SBR, and G19. Works great. Disassembles for cleaning. Is a bit long, but the Aluminum keeps it light enough. I’m happy with its performance. It’s eaten thousands of 9 by now, zero .22 (dedicate my rimfire cans)

The bad?
Hunter Town went out of business earlier this year. Shut doors, no more sales, no more warranty work.
After you’ve waited 13 months for something you really really want to have fun with it.
Things happen when you run guns hard, it’s reality and I’ve seen more than a couple suppressors fail. Be it user error, or equipment failure or plain old fluke, it happens. It’s always nice in the back of my mind to know that if a Liberty, or a SiCo, or a Sig, or a Surefire suppressor fails it’s not the end of the world and it can be sent back and repaired (I’ve done this more than a couple times as well)

When my suppressor is out of warranty I tend to inadvertently baby it more and in turn enjoy it less.

Having more than one helps get back to having fun stretching cans out. Getting Sakers cherry red on a transferable lower and not giving 2 ****s is the jam.

If you do get a cheap can like I and many others have, try to enjoy it still and even if you break it there are some amazing SOTs out there who can repair or re-core suppressors

Edit- it’s like an act of God finding a 1/2x28 fixed barrel mount for a Guardian 9 since they’ve gone out of business. Like I’ll never find one and it sucks stacking stacking adapters

Save your money and buy what you want. Price should be about #3 on the list of qualities for a can. Like has been said before, you will most likely own it for life, so buy quality. Once thing to look at also is what mounts it takes and availability of them. I've had my eye on another can for a while; but just don't want the year wait. Obsidian 45 is most likely the next on my list; but not in a great hurry since I have an AAC TiRant45.

I have a Rugged obsidian 9 pending, which will handle 300 bo subs only. That one will primarily be on my CZ EVO or pistols, but may hunt with it in my 300 Pistol.

I also have a Dobbs ARC30 which is built like a tank, direct thread and monicore design. It’s silly quiet with 300 subs and does really well with full power 308, 300, and 556.

The 22 will be the one you shoot the most.......however, you will gather host with that one.

I would like to be able to shoot 308 as well as 300BO. That’s why I’m looking at a 30 cal and not just shoot 300 subs. I’ll probably end up getting a 9mm and a 30cal from silencer shop once my bonus hits. Looks like I’m about to do some research for a week or too lol.

I would like to be able to shoot 308 as well as 300BO. That’s why I’m looking at a 30 cal and not just shoot 300 subs. I’ll probably end up getting a 9mm and a 30cal from silencer shop once my bonus hits. Looks like I’m about to do some research for a week or too lol.

Take a look at Rugged. I’ve been very impressed with their design, especially the front blast baffle being the only serialized part and the ability to convert from long to short. I have their Obsidian and Oculus inbound.

Something else to consider about suppressors is the accessories’ cost. My AAC 556 can was under $500.......but the QD muzzle devices are $75-100 each. Luckily I found a couple take offs to spread around on my other ARs. The pistol cans require either a fixed barrel mount or spacer to replace the spring........both sold separately, lol. Some of the more expensive cans have these accessories included.

Also great info about pistons and what not to do.

Back
Top Bottom