• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rec Tec

I've gone thru about 700lbs or so of pellets in my 680. You will love it and get the extra shelf that goes with it. Customer service is top notch also. Worth the drive to the store to pick up and also get your pellets on a discount as there is no shipping. BTW, they have the Treager grills set up side by side to compare with.

I've gone thru about 700lbs or so of pellets in my 680. You will love it and get the extra shelf that goes with it. Customer service is top notch also. Worth the drive to the store to pick up and also get your pellets on a discount as there is no shipping. BTW, they have the Treager grills set up side by side to compare with.
I'll second this.

I bought 3 RecTecs in 2014 for myself and a couple of business partners. I have upgraded the controller to the newer wifi model and definitely like the pulse fan option it gives. I haven't found the temp monitors to be accurate and don't rely on them. I don't know if the new models come with the ceramic igniter but that was another worthwhile upgrade. We started with 1200 lbs of rec tec pellets, like Allsmiles said, they will give you a deal with your smoker. At the time Rec Tec was re-branding someone else's pellets but I think they have their own pellet facility now.

A couple of years ago I bought a 2000lb pallet of 100% red oak pellets through Tractor Supply that were made by Ozark Wood Products. They were technically heating pellets but I called the manufacturer and confirmed that they were 100% oak and only used natural paraffin binders. They were great pellets and cost $5/40 lb bag but Tractor Supply carries a different brand now. Their new supplier doesn't guarantee 100% hardwood.

Had my 590 since Xmas of 2019. I had an initial issue with the damage during shipping but they had a replacement sent ASAP. (Customer service is fantastic) Overall really happy with it. One note: the app is a little buggy. Mostly works but maybe don't factor full value of the app into your purchase decision.

Back
Top Bottom