• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recoil

Do you like recoil in guns

• Total voters
I'm a big fan of muzzle brakes and my neighbors at the range don't like me much...

Shooting position also has a lot to do with felt recoil. Hunkered down on a bench leaning into the rifle will always feel harder than a standing shooting position.

I hunt with an AR15 in 7.62x39. T2 buffer, adjustable gas block, and a suppressor and it is soft shooting and more than adequate for whitetails in GA. It actually has more recoil suppressed than without; but I like being able to shoot quiet.

There are ways to reduce felt recoil. I admit I was recoil sensitive when I was younger. My Dad had a single shot 12ga that bruised his shoulder up pretty bad every time he pulled the trigger. I was an adult before I ever tried to shoot a 12ga. These days I shoot whatever I think is the best cartridge for the job. Most recoil so far is a 458 win mag. And I can shoot one hole groups at 100yds with it with no muzzle brake

Never bothered me too much but I had an abolt composite in 338 wm that I carried out west several times. Shooting it here in a t shirt one time before a trip and after 3 shots I had to add padding, it kicked pretty good. Shooting an elk and never felt anything

Never bothered me too much but I had an abolt composite in 338 wm that I carried out west several times. Shooting it here in a t shirt one time before a trip and after 3 shots I had to add padding, it kicked pretty good. Shooting an elk and never felt anything
Yep, funny how that works that way even without hearing protection.

I don’t mind it. I have a 458 that pushes 450 grains about 2300. It is not painful but you need to make sure it is solid against your shoulder and your eye is back at the end of the eye relief window. It is a big push.

Back
Top Bottom