• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recomendation for AR trigger.

Iv'e heard they can be a pain as far as a drop in unit can go. I read something to effect that adj. was needed to make sure it worked right. I don't see a problem with the triggers other than the cost. I mean you can buy another gun for that. Ridiculous! I like my ALG ACT with some light springs. The thing with those triggers is you get the first shot off and the second shot will be inaccurate unless you take the time to get right back on target. If that is the case then a regular semi auto trigger will suffice. They might be fun and ammo draining for a while but all for not. Unless you are in a situation where suppression fire is needed then it would come in handy. Since I don't see that happening to anybody anytime soon it's a colossal wast of money. Save yourself 420 dollars and get a ALG ACT with some light springs. I use JP reduced power springs and believe me it's a real light, super smooth trigger that you can be accurate with every single shot. In conclusion this is not a GREG VESS approved accessory.

For my money I would be better served by taking that massive lump of money and buy a really good barrel for example; one in 6.5 Creedmoor to swap out with my 308 barrel and really benefit from that money. Possibly a real good 1-6 power scope for a nice AR set up.
19778669.jpg

It was my understanding that the S&W AR22 took all original AR parts except for the barrel and bolt. All the other parts are interchangeable. I thought I read that somewhere. That was suppose to be one of the selling points of the S&W.

An easy mod needs to be made before It will accept aftermarket hand guards or rails. But triggers, stocks and grips interchange right out of the box. The Smith 15-22 is my hands down, favorite rifle to shoot.

The ALG ACT comes with two sets of springs. A yellow set and a tan set. When installed with the yellow set it's just about the best trigger you can get without spending 300 bucks. In my target rifles I use the JP reduced power springs and it's phenomenal. Absolutely the best trigger you can get and a price range that can't even come close by the competitors. I won't even consider a drop in unit for what the ALG gives me. I haven't put a gauge on it yet but I would have to say it's in the 2.5 lb area. It almost takes no pressure at all to engage. They are that good with the JP spring set. I see no reason to spend one dime more on a trigger.

Now if you plan on using overseas ammo with hard primers I would stick with the yellow springs that come in the kit. You may have to graduate to the tan springs. I don't use that garbage so I don't have to worry about it.

I have a couple of Hiperfire Reflex (formerly 3G) triggers but dang if they haven't gone through the stratosphere...Brownells must have been dumping them before the name change...

So, nevermind.

opplanet-hiperfire-hipertouch-reflex-trigger-ar15-10-assembly-hptr-main.jpg
I think JobBobOutfitters.com still has these for a pretty affordable price.

I have a couple of RRA NM2 triggers in different builds and my opinion is meh. Get a good LPK like CMMG and the trigger that comes in it is almost as good. I think good bang for buck is a Rise Armament drop-in. I picked one up for $79 when Primary Arms had a Black Friday sale.

I've ran plenty of POF triggers w/no issue. Non adjustable drop in unit that also comes with KNS anti-rotation pins. Plane and simple trigger that just works.

I've also ran mega adjustable billet triggers in several AR's with great success. They can be had for under $100 if really hard pressed for coin.

I wouldn't take anyone seriously who actually thinks an ALG trigger is anywhere near as good as a Geissele, Timney, TT, CMC, etc. They either have absolutely no clue what makes a good trigger or have never shot anything other than a crappy mil-spec.

The ALG ACT is certainly a great upgrade over mil-spec, but it isn't a great trigger itself.

I wouldn't take anyone seriously who actually thinks an ALG trigger is anywhere near as good as a Geissele, Timney, TT, CMC, etc. They either have absolutely no clue what makes a good trigger or have never shot anything other than a crappy mil-spec.

The ALG ACT is certainly a great upgrade over mil-spec, but it isn't a great trigger itself.

I'm not going to read back through the thread, did anyone say the ALG was as good as the ones costing 3 times as much?

I guess if I won the lottery or could get someone else to pay for it I would have Geissele triggers in every AR but I only need the one I have in an SPR build.
ALG, BCM and DD work in the rest.

Back
Top Bottom