• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommend a fridge

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
177   0
Reaction score
In the market for a new fridge. Wife wants one of the French door stainless models with 25+ cu ft.

What would you recommend to buy or to avoid buying?

Got a store you would recommend to shop at?

Thanks ODT!

Side by sides are very inconvenient in my opinion. Most energy efficient is freezer on bottom. I've never met anyone with a ice and water in the door that doesn't have problems. We've had our freezer on top type for over 10 years. We paid in the 600 range. Just remember the more buttons and "conveniences" the more things that can and will break.

We've got a White French door...freezer drawer on the bottom..."Jenn-Air" fridge. Have no idea who really makes these. No dispensers on the door.

About 6 yrs old...works fine.
Bought at HD... along with the JA branded stove/oven and dishwasher.
Stove is gas...oven electric.

Stay away from Frigidaire. I got the 26 cu ft side by side and the ice maker has broke three times in the past two years. It makes ALL kinds of noises. Sometimes it sounds like a trumpet playing badly. Sometimes it sounds like a pick-axe being used. The noises are 24/7 and are random. It's got a big sticker on the inside that says MADE IN MEXICO. I'm waiting on it to break again and I'm taking it to the land fill. Total waste of money. I hate that thing.
Same here but I contacted BBB and got all my money back and kept the fridge.

Stay away from Frigidaire. I got the 26 cu ft side by side and the ice maker has broke three times in the past two years. It makes ALL kinds of noises. Sometimes it sounds like a trumpet playing badly. Sometimes it sounds like a pick-axe being used. The noises are 24/7 and are random. It's got a big sticker on the inside that says MADE IN MEXICO. I'm waiting on it to break again and I'm taking it to the land fill. Total waste of money. I hate that thing.

Exactly my experience except with the parent company of Frigidaire.... Electrolux. Avoid that company. Ice machine is junk. The repairman tried 4 times under warranty to fix it/replace it. Waste of time. Repairman ultimately said “sorry junk design”. Sold it with the house. Funny thing is I disclosed how big a piece of junk it was and the wife still was in love with the fancy stainless and said they’d have it fixed. Women.

Back
Top Bottom