• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

recommend a skeet thrower

yellowhammer

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
16   0
Reaction score
I would like to hear from some who have recently bought a skeet thrower. I`m going to buy one ,and have looked at the ones at Cabelas and Academy. I want one $300 or less. I have one about 10 years old, but could never get it to throw without breaking the clays. I need a recommendation from someone who has a newer one and has used it a lot. I`ll go a little more than $300 for a battery-operated one. Just don`t want to get stuck.

Gonna cost ya more than the $300, but the Atlas AT50 is an awesome thrower. I'm a 4H Modified Trap coach here in Oglethorpe County and we have gone through a truckload of the electronic Champion throwers (ok for light duty, not so much for lot's of usage). The Atlas traps are fantastic. The Promatic traps and the MEC traps are Cadillacs, but will cost ya some serious du$t!
Look online @ nativeoutdoors.com
hth

I would like to hear from some who have recently bought a skeet thrower. I`m going to buy one ,and have looked at the ones at Cabelas and Academy. I want one $300 or less. I have one about 10 years old, but could never get it to throw without breaking the clays. I need a recommendation from someone who has a newer one and has used it a lot. I`ll go a little more than $300 for a battery-operated one. Just don`t want to get stuck.

I don't know if your budget is "gun forum" firm, but for a little bit more money you can get this trap, which is head and shoulders above any of the others you mention.

One very good thing about Pro matic is that all the switches and relays are off the shelf items.

http://www.promatic.biz/all-products/all-traps/show-all/merlin

This people are big dealers, and have pre=owned traps, worth a call. As bout Lincoln manual traps.

http://www.shydastraps.com/pre-owned.html

Gonna cost ya more than the $300, but the Atlas AT50 is an awesome thrower. I'm a 4H Modified Trap coach here in Oglethorpe County and we have gone through a truckload of the electronic Champion throwers (ok for light duty, not so much for lot's of usage). The Atlas traps are fantastic. The Promatic traps and the MEC traps are Cadillacs, but will cost ya some serious du$t!
Look online @ nativeoutdoors.com
hth
Since you’re a coach let me ask you a question....

I know nothing about shotguns and @FrogHunter had me trying to shoot clays at the ECGC with a 12ga that had an extra full choke.

Is that a good setup? I couldn’t hit a damn thing with it.

Back
Top Bottom