• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommend me a mid-length Upper

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
I'm looking for a mid tier mid-length upper. Doesn't have to be complete but I would like a fixed front sight. Can anyone recommend one? Not really wanting another PSA upper.

Get a nice hammer forged barrel and a decent stripped upper. You can keep the cost down by using a standard barrel nut and hand guard set up. You will have one kick ass upper with those parts. If you are having a problem assembling it bring it up and I will build it lickity split. Actually I have a assembled upper receiver I will sell you on the cheap and then hunt you down a good barrel. Rainier Arms has some good hammer forged barrels. Or get a hold of a FN barrel then you will be set.

Bcm all day. Both their hammer forged and standard uppers are very nice and they offer a gov profile as well as a lightweight profile in their front sight post uppers.

Bcm all day. Both their hammer forged and standard uppers are very nice and they offer a gov profile as well as a lightweight profile in their front sight post uppers.
Good parts no dobht but a little on the expensive side. Only 900 for a asselmbled upper. I would build my own. You should be able to come in at just under half of that buying your own parts. Maybe just over half of that. I have noting against them except for the price. 289 for a barrel, 100 for a stripped upper, 140 for a decent BCG and 40 for a chargine handle. The hand guard parts you shoul be able to find on the classifieds here for an arma and a leg. LOL You might run into here. I have a Olive drag, grip, hand guard I will let go cheap. As I said before I have a nice assembled upper receiver as well. I will sell that for 75. So for just under 500 you can have a nice upper.

Good parts no dobht but a little on the expensive side. Only 900 for a asselmbled upper. I would build my own. You should be able to come in at just under half of that buying your own parts. Maybe just over half of that. I have noting against them except for the price. 289 for a barrel, 100 for a stripped upper, 140 for a decent BCG and 40 for a chargine handle. The hand guard parts you shoul be able to find on the classifieds here for an arma and a leg. LOL You might run into here. I have a Olive drag, grip, hand guard I will let go cheap. As I said before I have a nice assembled upper receiver as well. I will sell that for 75. So for just under 500 you can have a nice upper.

You can find complete BCM uppers a lot lower than 900 dollars.

Get a nice hammer forged barrel and a decent stripped upper. You can keep the cost down by using a standard barrel nut and hand guard set up. You will have one kick ass upper with those parts. If you are having a problem assembling it bring it up and I will build it lickity split. Actually I have a assembled upper receiver I will sell you on the cheap and then hunt you down a good barrel. Rainier Arms has some good hammer forged barrels. Or get a hold of a FN barrel then you will be set.
The rainier setups any good? I know of a new barreled upper for +/-$300. I'll probably hit you up for the upper build help..

Since you are wanting an A2 front sight base then I assume you are building a tough and dirty.
Chrome ! barrel and bolt carrier.
Greg vess is right. It takes an hour to build an upper and the longer you can wait on deals to show up the cheaper it gets.
Btw, Classic firearms has a 16", m4 profile, parkerized, chrome lined barrel for $78 right now

Back
Top Bottom