• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommend me some new places!

guncrazy72

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
Ive been bank fishing for the past few years and I finally now own a boat. Currently, I have a 14' Jon boat with a 50ft trolling motor. The only place Ive taken it so far has been Ft. Yargo.

Any suggestions on good places to take my size setup? Im big on bass fishing and then catching and keeping bream and catfish.

Hard Labor Creek Reservoir is now open for fishing. They do charge a parking fee. Take 2 batteries if you can. It's brand new and just filled up this year. They stocked a bunch of fish. It should be great in a few years. There's info online. That's in Walton County. Lake Varner is also good. It's in Newton County just south of Walton.

Maybe Bear Creek Reservoir near Jackson / Clarke Co line? There's also a trolling motor only smaller impoundment near Talmo I visited few years ago (bank fished) but damn if I can remember the name of it! Quiet and great scenery. I remember going hwy 129 not too far past Talmo headed towards Gainesville...turned off some state hwy to the right...and went back in there a few miles. You'd have no idea it's even there except suddenly there's a sign, gravel road and gate. If I can I.D. it I'll post again

Maybe Bear Creek Reservoir near Jackson / Clarke Co line? There's also a trolling motor only smaller impoundment near Talmo I visited few years ago (bank fished) but damn if I can remember the name of it! Quiet and great scenery. I remember going hwy 129 not too far past Talmo headed towards Gainesville...turned off some state hwy to the right...and went back in there a few miles. You'd have no idea it's even there except suddenly there's a sign, gravel road and gate. If I can I.D. it I'll post again

Found it. Cedar Creek Reservoir with Lula address. Apparently they do trolling motor bass tourneys here. One review said bass and bluegill are the targets.

Screenshot_20181030-232836_Maps.jpg

Back
Top Bottom