• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendation for black dress watch

I'm looking for another decent watch that I can wear with my nice business casual work clothes. I already have a stainless Bulova and a Hamilton Khaki. I'd like one in all black, mechanical movement, around $4-500. I'm new to the watch world but these two caught my eye.

Sternglas Naos Automatik. Love the design but unsure of the brand. Seems to be a relatively new company.

View attachment 4822546

I also like the Tissot Swismatic. The Sternglas is a little better looking but Tissot is a much more established brand. And they are a huge sponsor of MotoGP racing which is cool.

View attachment 4822552

Any others I should look at? I'd like to see one totally blacked out without a silver case but I haven't found one.
I like the pics of the two you put up. What ever you wind up with, I think will be a good looking watch. Timex has come out with a manual wind up line. They're retro looking of the 50s-@1970. I don't know if they make a black one. They were good looking though

Thanks for all the advice. I went with the Tissot Everytime Swismatic. The watch itself looks great however the box is a little cheap. For $400 you would think they would give you an actual case. Also it appears that the watch was opened before Amazon sent it to me. Everything is there including all of the warranty paperwork and it's in new condition but the plastic film covers were already peeled off of it and laying in the bottom of the box. Should I be concerned with that?

20221020_082702.jpg

20221020_082932.jpg

Thanks for all the advice. I went with the Tissot Everytime Swismatic. The watch itself looks great however the box is a little cheap. For $400 you would think they would give you an actual case. Also it appears that the watch was opened before Amazon sent it to me. Everything is there including all of the warranty paperwork and it's in new condition but the plastic film covers were already peeled off of it and laying in the bottom of the box. Should I be concerned with that?

View attachment 4862597

View attachment 4862598
Good looking watch. Sounds like it was a return, depends on if it bothers you

View attachment 4862597

View attachment 4862598
For sure you should be concerned.

I would have a reputable jeweler make sure you have a factory movement, and not a Chinese knock off

Back
Top Bottom