• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations for a decent Torque wrench?

I like the Tekton wrenches. I have the 3/8 and the 1/4, I've been using both pretty regularly for about 3 years with no complaints. I also have a Husky 1/2" that I don't use quite as much, but I feel pretty confident recommending either. They have a lifetime warranty, and they're pretty cheap.

Torque wrench’s cost are directly related to repeatable accuracy. In my younger days of 2 stroke outboard racing I used SnapOn, Mac, and Wera. Today, an old Mac click type gets the call when needed.

Like others have said, you pay for accuracy. If you can live with 5% off for general stuff, kobalt from lowes is a decent value. Mine is Taiwanese origin I think. I have to use Starrett stuff at work for UL documentation and it's nice but I don't think many people need a certified and tested measurement tool for 20x cost.

Like others have said, you pay for accuracy. If you can live with 5% off for general stuff, kobalt from lowes is a decent value. Mine is Taiwanese origin I think. I have to use Starrett stuff at work for UL documentation and it's nice but I don't think many people need a certified and tested measurement tool for 20x cost.
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom