• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations for a dove gun under $1000

Never shoot Dove with anything less than 12 gauge. 20 gauge aint enough. I use Mossberg or Beretta 12g
you should be able to find several semi-autos in that price range there's usually on ODT a Remington 1100 or two you really can't go wrong with something like that they've been used for 50 years or better. If you're not sure if this is something that you're going to do continually. I mean hunt with your relatives with a shotgun. Just find a beater have it checked by a confident gunsmith that is safe and see if you like it then you can upgrade to something else later. 12 gauge or 20 gauge will both work. I've even shot dove with a 410 side by side. Probably wouldn't hurt if you can find a local skeet range and get some practice in the one thing you don't want to do is look bad around relatives

Whoever said 20ga ain't enough for dove either don't hunt or cant shoot. I have taken every game fowl indigenous to southeastern United States with a 20ga. Including an Osceola Turkey.

I have a Maverick 88 package I would sell for $225

I bought it used with the chopped barrel and birdshead grip, and put a Mossberg 500 20ga 26 inch barrel with the accu-choke and full stock on it.

20200626_010507_HDR(1).jpg
20200626_010457_HDR(1).jpg
20200626_010608_HDR(1).jpg

Never shoot Dove with anything less than 12 gauge. 20 gauge aint enough. I use Mossberg or Beretta 12g
I hope you're being facetious.

I went to 28 ga and never looked back...

A few years back, I used my great grandfather's Win M42 .410 on doves with great success. However, it is a cylinder bore choke, so I had to limit my shots to close range...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Depends if you want a kick in the shoulder that is not too bad. 12 gauge mossberg pump with modified choke will knock them out of sky. Mossberg 410 pump less kick and will still knock them out of sky. I start with the 12 gauge and if they are flying really good I switch to my 410 for fun and less kick. Hot temperatures on opening day make you want to carry the lighter 410. Pouch of shells weigh less too. IMHO

Back
Top Bottom