• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations for a dove gun under $1000

Depends if you want a kick in the shoulder that is not too bad. 12 gauge mossberg pump with modified choke will knock them out of sky. Mossberg 410 pump less kick and will still knock them out of sky. I start with the 12 gauge and if they are flying really good I switch to my 410 for fun and less kick. Hot temperatures on opening day make you want to carry the lighter 410. Pouch of shells weigh less too. IMHO

Depends if you want a kick in the shoulder that is not too bad. 12 gauge mossberg pump with modified choke will knock them out of sky. Mossberg 410 pump less kick and will still knock them out of sky. I start with the 12 gauge and if they are flying really good I switch to my 410 for fun and less kick. Hot temperatures on opening day make you want to carry the lighter 410. Pouch of shells weigh less too. IMHO

Lots of choices.....a Rem 1100 20 gauge lightweight would be a great gun.

I used my Charles Daly o/u 12 gauge skeet gun, because it was the only shotty I had at the time.

As has been said, any choke from imp cylinder thru modified should work OK.

Back to the OP....you should be able to find a very decent gun for $500-$700.

CZ makes some very nice Over Unders for less than a $1000. The best I ever did on a dove hunt was last year with a CZ Woodcock Deluxe. I've tried a lot of other shotguns, including ones that cost a LOT more, but that CZ gets it done better than any of them for me.

Back
Top Bottom