• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations for a dove gun under $1000

I had a buddy once who switched to 20 gauge because his Winchester 12g broke. on a hunt. He immediately became a one shot dove shooter. I think the lighter recoil helped the most. He never went back. Ive shot the A5 forever, and still do on some hunts. Love it. I did shoot an obscene number of doves in Argentina with a Berreta 20g. I liked that gun alot. Never failed but neither has my A5.

Honestly, I had no idea. I know the A400 was available in 20 and I have a 390 in 20. Wow, it makes no sense that you can't get an A300 in 20.
I agree! I would think they would sell the snot out of them. I bought a 11-87 premier in 20 and couldn’t be happier.

I picked up a cheap Charles Daly 20 ga gas gun to try giving my shoulder a break from the 12 g A5. First dove hunt with it was hugely successful, but expensive. Because, after that I HAD to get a new 1100 20 ga. Love that platform and it gives up nothing to a 12 ga.

Last time I dove hunted with a 20 gauge, it wasn't enough to reach them. 12 gauge will get high enough and provides you with options for doing other shooting activities like skeet.

look at it in percentages. 7/8oz 20ga and a 1 1/8oz 12ga. That’s 23% less shot in the air.

Last time I dove hunted with a 20 gauge, it wasn't enough to reach them. 12 gauge will get high enough and provides you with options for doing other shooting activities like skeet.
Use a tighter choke and folks shoot skeet with 20ga all the time. Some people even use 410.

Back
Top Bottom