• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations for a dove gun under $1000

So are you saying that if you had $1000 for a dove hunt and a choice between a 20 gauge and a 12 gauge, you wouldn't care? Just close your eyes and pick one?
I'd pick the 20, because you typically shoot a lot when dove hunting and recoil becomes a factor. Especially early season when it's 100° and you're only wearing a t-shirt (less shoulder padding).

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

agree. But I’ll take all the help I can get and throw more lead
A bazooka won’t won’t do you any good if you close your eyes or shoot feet behind the bird. Practice,practice and more hunts and any gauge will eventually work. If not, then ask your hunting buddies if they will share their limit with you so you can at least taste a dove. lol lol.

A bazooka won’t won’t do you any good if you close your eyes or shoot feet behind the bird. Practice,practice and more hunts and any gauge will eventually work. If not, then ask your hunting buddies if they will share their limit with you so you can at least taste a dove. lol lol.
It's funny. Went back to MS to dove hunt with family last year and they were surprised l was using my 28 ga...until doves started falling. Then my "gotta use a 12 ga" BiL showed up in the field the next day with a Stoeger 20 ga and was making shots that surprised even him. After carrying around that lightweight Stoeger, he's finally a believer.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I love, love my 410 on the hot dove field. Easy to carry and a pocket full of shells doesn’t weigh you down. It’s all about leading the birds and not trying to shoot at the ones over the field across the county. Lot of fun and previous shoulder shoulder thanks me the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom