• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations For AR15 Trigger Replacement

Got rid of all my Geissele's and now run ATC AR Gold. IMO, its the best trigger out there (The only Geisele I have not tried is the High Speed National Match). The only thing that sucks is I could get Geisele's at wholesale and you can't buy an AR Gold $1 below retail if you are the owners wife. The guy obviously knows what he has. I believe Miculek and Horner are running AR Gold. I think it's Hackathorns trigger of choice as well.

Got rid of all my Geissele's and now run ATC AR Gold. IMO, its the best trigger out there (The only Geisele I have not tried is the High Speed National Match). The only thing that sucks is I could get Geisele's at wholesale and you can't buy an AR Gold $1 below retail if you are the owners wife. The guy obviously knows what he has. I believe Miculek and Horner are running AR Gold. I think it's Hackathorns trigger of choice as well.
Son of a Bi*ch dud they want a fortune for those things. I don't doubt they are good but at that price they better be.

Son of a Bi*ch dud they want a fortune for those things. I don't doubt they are good but at that price they better be.
If you are ever up Calhoun/Adairsville way let me know and I'll meet you somewhere with one of my rifles to let you try it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I just installed another ALC ACT in my old hunting AR that was doubling (worn DPMS parts from mid 90's). I like having the same trigger in all my hunting AR's so they all feel the same. Light springs work like a champ in my AR9, rest of the guns get the Tan (full power) spring for hunting.

I appreciate your inputs. I have a much better idea about good alternatives and relative prices. I am going to start with the low cost alternative. I believe that to be a spring kit. I know that is not going to turn my stock trigger in to a custom target model. But, I am hoping for much improvement. If it is not satisfactory, I can step it up with out to much loss.

If they convinced you to throw out your Geisseles, I have to try one. Now the chat threads here are costing me money too!

I appreciate your inputs. I have a much better idea about good alternatives and relative prices. I am going to start with the low cost alternative. I believe that to be a spring kit. I know that is not going to turn my stock trigger in to a custom target model. But, I am hoping for much improvement. If it is not satisfactory, I can step it up with out to much loss.

Get with me when you get your spring, I’ve got a few NIB grip screw trigger adjusters in a box I keep just for the folks who don’t want a high dollar trigger when I build them. I’ll let you try out a Geiselle and a Larue while your at it and maybe help make the decision easier.

Get with me when you get your spring, I’ve got a few NIB grip screw trigger adjusters in a box I keep just for the folks who don’t want a high dollar trigger when I build them. I’ll let you try out a Geiselle and a Larue while your at it and maybe help make the decision easier.

Thank you for the offer. I do have a Geiselle trigger on an AR10, and it is very nice! I know a spring kit isn't going to duplicate that trigger. My AR15 trigger must be over 8 lbs. It is horrible. I just would like to lighten it up. If I could get under 5.5 lbs, I would be happy. I am not trying to turn the AR15 into a DMR.

Back
Top Bottom