• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations for Medium Duty Chain Saw?

I told ya'll. Mother ****er reads books about chainsaws!

Hamp does Too!

82e2db6f91fd6cb216d2c36a58296b9b.jpg

7d0478713261a5f774df48560e1f5d24.jpg

View attachment 1047952 View attachment 1047951
I live in the albany ga area and this is a tree that was down in my yard from the first storm three weeks ago, I cut all the limbs off with a works 8" electric saw and never sharpened the chain nor did it ever fell to start. Lol. Light as all get out too. Walmart complete with 10' pole attachment all for $97

Cooter.

Good Job.

Dirt & rocks normally have much to do with a dull chain: those 2 & log chains.

A Log Chain will knock all the toofies off.
f16b69ffc4f20490486d3af81adadc5c.jpg

All Very Good Info.

I Never Knew there were so many chainsaw enthusiasts here; you know, I think there are sites for those types...

I agree. I believe in being safe and have the regulation chaps, steel-toed boots, and helmet system. I keep spare gloves and safety glasses available to share. I was amazed that of all the workers using saws at the sites, only a few were wearing chaps. I've had to make emergency visits before when my daughter had sports injuries, and costs 20 years ago were about $500+. Today, a chainsaw injury visit to the emergency room could easily exceed many thousands even with insurance. A $49 pair of regulation chaps from Amazon goes a long way and can last many years. I'd rather be able to walk and enjoy being with my family than have them come visit me at the cemetery.

I've just added a CAT tourniquet to my safety kit but will pocket the CAT to each work area. The femoral artery is like a force main and shutting it off while waiting for an ambulance might save a life. In Albany area, it's at least 10 to 15 minutes for the ambulance to arrive and another 15 minutes to get to the hospital. That's too much time considering most of these work sites are often remote or the streets are difficult to navigate with debris piled everywhere and with many street signs blown away.

Back
Top Bottom