• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations on an upgrade form Lee Pro 1000

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Tired of ****ing with the stupid thing. Have to place each case by hand, which isn't the end of the world but just done fixing issues every couple hundred rounds just to keep the damn thing running. Powder metering and bullet seating for OAL work fine, but auto case loading and primer system suck and I am done. Is there an upgrade that would run much smoother under like 300? if not, what's my entry level for a decent progressive press? Really only reloading 9mm for suppressor use but interested in loading rifle ammo as well if the new press would make it a little more idiot proof.

Thanks!
Caleb

I don't own one but the consensus here is likely to be, get a Dillon. I've been reloading for 36 years and used all sorts of presses including some fancy progressives. I prefer a turret press personally so I use a Lyman. Also keep an RCBS ammomaster around because I've been too lazy to sell it.

I know your frustration well. For tour price range, your options are few.

If only doing 9mm. Take a square deal for rhat price and youre home free

If you want riffles too, u havr to spend more for a 550 or hornady. No case feeder.

The hornady allows u to expand down the road. The 550 has limitations.

Try the following for your lee

1) run the brass through once for resize only.
2) hand prime
3) reload and skip the primer altogerher. So just powder statiom and seat/crimp

Lee powder measure with the universal disks is one of the best powder measure out there. Ive known people who use it in their hornady and dillon.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

if you shoot a little(500 a month) 550
if you shoot a decent amount(500-1500 a month) 750
if you shoot alot(1500+ a month) 1050

Don't bother with anything else.

Just get a dillon 550 and be done with all the problems. It is all you need unless you are loading thousands of rounds weekly. Then the 660/750 or higher model is needed.

Back
Top Bottom