• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations on ar500 targets

IMGP3909.JPG
So is $100 the average for silhouettes? I think I’d prefer 1 silhouette and just move the target where I need it. To poor to buy an assortment at the moment.
I have 3 different size silhouettes and mounts in stock. All 3/8" AR500. The buckets are not the mounts. Just had that set up for pics.

How close can you shoot steel without destroying it? Mainly talking intermediate and full power rifles. I've got scrap steel that handles my 357 mag fine but I have very limited shooting distance for firing rifles. I love hearing steel ring but my 223 eats up the steel I have and I wanna shoot 8mm at it too

The majority of the targets I use in my school are from JC Steel Targets. It’s a great company whose profits go to a good cause. They ship the steel in those “if it fits it ships” USPS boxes, so shipping is inexpensive.

I’ve shot up to .338 Lapua on them with no damage.

http://www.jcsteeltargets.com/

How close can you shoot steel without destroying it? Mainly talking intermediate and full power rifles. I've got scrap steel that handles my 357 mag fine but I have very limited shooting distance for firing rifles. I love hearing steel ring but my 223 eats up the steel I have and I wanna shoot 8mm at it too[/QUOTE

If you stay at around 3000 ft per sec. I shoot at 50 yrs with minor dings in steel. When you start getting over 3100 to 3200 ft per sec as in .556 or XM193 you get a larger dings in the metal. We have shoot .338 Lapua at 90 yrs that mainly just knocked the paint off. The .556 and XM193 actually did more damage. If you can get around 100 yds you would be fine on most calibers. I shoot under 100 yrs but I do not recommend anyone else shooting under 100 yds at steel. It has to be set up correctly to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom