• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommended Cross bow for beginner

I started hunting with my wifes Barnett Brotherhood last and I won't go back to coumpound. Sold my Martin Friday. The Barnett is very economical. When I traded for it 3 yrs ago the odt member didn't tell me there was a issue. I emailed Barnett,,,,they said send it in and will cost 70 bucks. I sent it. It came back working flawlessly and a bill that said no charge. Got some meat yesterday. Good luck

Same model I had. Great bow. I think that is what I sold mine for couple years ago. They seem to be pretty bulletproof. In my experience they are LOUD. At least mine was in comparison to others I had experience with. And most crossbows seem. I had noisier than a premium regular bow. Easy to change the string. No cables, cams or timing issues so no reason to have to take it to an archery shop for work.

Same model I had. Great bow. I think that is what I sold mine for couple years ago. They seem to be pretty bulletproof. In my experience they are LOUD. At least mine was in comparison to others I had experience with. And most crossbows seem. I had noisier than a premium regular bow. Easy to change the string. No cables, cams or timing issues so no reason to have to take it to an archery shop for work.
So you all are saying that with the Excaliburs they don't require to take to an archery shop, or is it just certain models? I saw this model doesn't have the cams, etc.

I started hunting with my wifes Barnett Brotherhood last and I won't go back to coumpound. Sold my Martin Friday. The Barnett is very economical. When I traded for it 3 yrs ago the odt member didn't tell me there was a issue. I emailed Barnett,,,,they said send it in and will cost 70 bucks. I sent it. It came back working flawlessly and a bill that said no charge. Got some meat yesterday. Good luck
R RobJ - Nobody has to know it is the wife's if there is meat in the freezer. :) How far out were you and what area?

So you all are saying that with the Excaliburs they don't require to take to an archery shop, or is it just certain models? I saw this model doesn't have the cams, etc.
The Excaliburs are traditional recurve style limbs, so yes, they are simple and easy to deal with. I can change strings on my Scorpyd, but it is definitely more complex with more to go wrong. Without a limb press I could not change the cables, etc. The Excalibur comes with a special string that goes on past the end string pockets so you can compress the limbs to get the string on, etc. you basically put the string on one side and then twist it until you get to the exact correct length so the limbs are pre-stressed to where they are supposed to be. There is a indicator mark on the top of the barrel/arrow groove.

Got my little girl a Barnett Recruit. $163 on Amazon now. Didn't think it would be much. Just didn't want to drop alot of money in something she may not care for. Well we both love it. Don't see any point in upgrading. The bolts that came with it are probably the best production bolts you can get. Red dot holds zero fine. Only warning. Does not like fixed blades. May have just gotten some bad ones but seems to be a thing with crossbow.

Back
Top Bottom