• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Record Giant Grouper caught in Oz.......

back in the earl '60s Dad would take us to Destin
all the Grouper & Snapper that came in to Kelley's Wharf were huge compared to what you see today
average Grouper & Snapper back then were over 3 feet
It's slowly getting better due to much more strict regs. In time they will recover completely, just like the Goliaths have.

It's slowly getting better due to much more strict regs. In time they will recover completely, just like the Goliaths have.

I could see if someone was needy (hungry) to feed the family, but taking the largest of a species by no telling how many thousands of fishermen depletes the oceans of fish. But I guess it's the commercial fishing doing or has done the most damage to the ecology . Same thing with land dwelling species. I love sport hunting, fishing, but we need to be responsible outdoorsman or the past will repeat itself again. We all want the biggest trophy, but if we don't manage our ecology, it won't be here for future generations . Didn't mean to hijack this thread, but, it just came out.

I could see if someone was needy (hungry) to feed the family, but taking the largest of a species by no telling how many thousands of fishermen depletes the oceans of fish. But I guess it's the commercial fishing doing or has done the most damage to the ecology . Same thing with land dwelling species. I love sport hunting, fishing, but we need to be responsible outdoorsman or the past will repeat itself again. We all want the biggest trophy, but if we don't manage our ecology, it won't be here for future generations . Didn't mean to hijack this thread, but, it just came out.
There have been many changes in regulation over the last decade or so and it is paying off. Give it time.

Back
Top Bottom