• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recreational Pot; has your view changed?

Do you think marijuana should be decriminalized and taxed as a commodity?

• Total voters
Fixn too in bout 3 hours 20minz
20170905_083337.jpg

The government spends wayyyy too much money enforcing weed, when they could put that money towards human trafficking, the pill epidemic, etc. I've seen way more drinkers do harm than potheads. For those of you who have said weed is gateway drug, I know several people who have smoked weed and done nothing else. Sounds to me like the people who went from weed to other drugs would have done so anyway, in the pursuit of a buzz with their addictive personalities.

Many of the addicts that I have spoken to over the years have suggested the same.
One particular one that stands out is a young lady who was a nurse who had supposedly never tried any pills, saw an opportunity to steal a bottle and she told me "even though I had never done it before, I knew as soon as I had the bottle that I was going to finish it in one day."
I could not comprehend it at all, but she was very matter-of-fact in giving her perspective.

All that said, I do believe it is a gateway drug for some, but not all.

Breathing is the gateway drug for some folks.:wacko:

Stupid people do stupid ****, we should let Darwin sort them out.:shocked:

Dude y'all are much more libertarian than I remember! I love you guys. It seems like were either all for legalize and tax it to mixed feelings. Maybe the dissenters will login today and kick our hippy asses.. this is great discussion though.

Pot ruined a generation and gave us the democrats we have now and you want to have more of it.

farm3.static.flickr.com_2641_3845095431_22b69a24dc.jpg

Some people have a "death wish" when it comes to drug / alcohol abuse: The literally kill themselves and destroy their families along the way.... intervention rarely stops them. So, rather than draw out the process over decades , institutionalization is the only real answer (be that jail time for offenses or voluntary). How do I know this? I have a sister who has had a life-time love affair with illegal and / or prescription drugs. She and her husband ruined both their lives and that of their son. She is now in a skilled nursing facility. While you cannot institutionalize someone with out their consent, we were fortunate in that the State of Georgia Elder Abuse organization has the power to place someone in a protective environment if they are abusing themselves to the point of endangering themselves.

I'm a Libertarian and have only the same problem with MJ as I do with Alcohol: Use in moderation by legal Aged Adults is OK, but Abuse it, DUI and to jail you go! Same with sex: what consenting adults of legal age and competent mental facilities do behind closed doors is none of my business as long as physical injury or death isn't involved! Do it in public, or with children, inanimate objects or animals: to jail you go!

Back
Top Bottom