• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rectec 590

bensskateshop

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
118   0
Reaction score
I just got my first pellet grill, a rectec 590. I did the burn in and it didn't seem to produce as much smoke a I thought it should. Is this normal? Are there settings I need to adjust?

I put a brisket on at midnight, it hit 165 at 9am. It is currently double wrapped and back on at 235 waiting on an internal temp of 203. Also threw 10 lbs of chicken quarters on therethis morning.

I've always had the masterbuilt electric smokers and loved them. When the display went out on my last one I figured I'd try something new and got the rectec.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks

I just got my first pellet grill, a rectec 590. I did the burn in and it didn't seem to produce as much smoke a I thought it should. Is this normal? Are there settings I need to adjust?

I put a brisket on at midnight, it hit 165 at 9am. It is currently double wrapped and back on at 235 waiting on an internal temp of 203. Also threw 10 lbs of chicken quarters on therethis morning.

I've always had the masterbuilt electric smokers and loved them. When the display went out on my last one I figured I'd try something new and got the rectec.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks

The recteqs don't show much smoke but it's definitely there. Check your smoke ring when you cut your brisket. I bet it's pretty decent.

I use my RT several times a week...love it.
Did bacon wrapped filet mignons tonight...perfect !!

Love Matt Pittman's Meat Church you-tube videos...great rubs !
Found the Meat Church rubs at my local Ace after you posting about them. Gonna give them a try.
Thanks for the info.

I don't own a pellet smoker yet but I looked into this because it's made me hesitate. Among other factors, I believe the pellets you use can make a difference.

I'd try something from Knotty Wood based on the video and your preference for smokey flavor.

It all comes down to the pellets, some just produce more smoke. I use the Smokehouse brand from Sam's; 15.00 for 40lbs. I have the RecTec Bullseye and it does a great job as well, just less whistles and bells and doesn't get as low. However, right now I'm cussing it. I let the pellets get wet in the auger and I have an awful jam in there. Finally, got a hole made in it, but that stuff is like concrete when it gets wet and dries. DO NOT LET YOUR PELLETS GET WET.

Found the Meat Church rubs at my local Ace after you posting about them. Gonna give them a try.
Thanks for the info.
My favorites....

whole_shootin_match_voodoo_540x.jpg

Fajita_HR_540x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom