• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recteq B380? Pros, cons?

palmettomoon palmettomoon

What are your thoughts after having a little time to put it through the paces?
I like it well enough for maintaining temps and the hopper will give me long cook times if needed. I bought a drip pan to cover the heat diffuser and a large round pizza stone that works nice.

My only real complaint is that it is too efficient in burning the pellets with forced air. I have to use smoke tubes for flavoring.

I like it well enough for maintaining temps and the hopper will give me long cook times if needed. I bought a drip pan to cover the heat diffuser and a large round pizza stone that works nice.

My only real complaint is that it is too efficient in burning the pellets with forced air. I have to use smoke tubes for flavoring.
Worthwhile points. Thanks.

Anything over about 275 on the bullseye and you are just cooking with heat, not smoke. As long as I keep it on low or 225 I can get a decent smoke flavor. I also need to calibrate my probe, I feel it is cooking much higher than it says. I still cook on mine nearly every night. Did a pork butt last night and just come chicken breasts tonight.

Ordered this bundle yesterday...shipping today....
Can't wait...my first pellet grill.

https://www.recteq.com/products/rt-340-summer-bundle
You won't be disappointed. My bullseye is almost a year old and I know I've cooked on it over 200 times. I have no problem throwing a 8lb pork butt on it around 6:00 PM and letting it smoke all night. I pull it in the morning and wrap it tight and throw it in a cooler. Pull it when I get home from work and its amazing. If you have a Sam's Club membrship, their Smokehouse brand of pellets are really good. 14.99 for 40 lbs of pellets, and the quality is always consistent.

You won't be disappointed. My bullseye is almost a year old and I know I've cooked on it over 200 times. I have no problem throwing a 8lb pork butt on it around 6:00 PM and letting it smoke all night. I pull it in the morning and wrap it tight and throw it in a cooler. Pull it when I get home from work and its amazing. If you have a Sam's Club membrship, their Smokehouse brand of pellets are really good. 14.99 for 40 lbs of pellets, and the quality is always consistent.
225 degrees?

Back
Top Bottom