• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Red dot recommendations

z.chance

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
93   0
Reaction score
I am looking to add a 1x optic to a SBR. ive been considering the MRO for a while, and generally like it. The price for a brand new one is reasonable, and there are plenty of mount options. It seems to be durable, if you dont dick up the battery installation, and its nice and compact.

But for the same money, I have found aimpoint T1s and Comp M4s used. I know these are durable and have excellent battery life. Ive handled the micros before, but I have not handled the M4.

Has anyone compared them side by side? Which do you prefer?

If you want to save a lot of money and still get a good optic, you can always go for the Bushnell Tr-25. Look up it's reviews on amazon. If you go that route, you can have more money for ammo!

Frankly for the $$, you cant beat the Sparc AR

If you dont like Vortex, I also run a Aimpoint ACO and love it.

No need to pay for night vision capability like the PRO, the mount is a little lacking but for the price....winner.

I have a Comp M3 and an MRO, I find that the MRO has a lot more glare since the front glass isn't recessed inside a tube like the aimpoint. Also the Aimpoint has better fine tuning of the brightness, you have to decide on too dim or too bright with the MRO a lot of times.

Im in Roswell if you want to come take a look at both side by side. The Comp M3 isn't any different if at all (other than the battery and number of settings) than the Comp M4. Ive used both in all types of lighting, NV, low light, and direct light (weapon lights used at me) and the Aimpoint, to me, is better.

I've got a T2 on a SBR and a friend of mine has got a MRO on a SBR of his. I like the larger field of view on the MRO, and I like the price point of the MRO better as well, but I'm not going out and selling my T2 and replacing it with a MRO. Vortex makes nice stuff as well. Go find the one you like the best AND are willing to pay for.

vortex is also a excellent option for the money, but if it were me and i was going to spend more than the vortex then id be getting an aimpoint

Ive used vortex and bushnell before and they are good, but for this rifle i am looking for the best, with either a new MRO or used aimpoint. Both options come in at the mid 400s to about 500.

Back
Top Bottom