• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Red Flag Laws Sponsored by GA Representative

I just Heard of a good case where there should be a new red flag law to apply to people like this. A young black man hates the cops. His older brother is an armed robber and murderer serving a life sentence in prison.
This young piece of sh** thug wants to be like his brother and thinks that it would be a good idea to kill cops.

He videotapes himself pointing a pistol and a random cops's back while the officer is distracted pulling over some motorist.
KEY FACT: the cop does not know that he was having a pistol aimed at him.

But Young Thug posts the video of his pistol-pointing on social media and laughs about it and says it would've been a good day to kill a cop.

He was identified through his social media account and arrested shortly there after. However he cannot be charged with aggravated assault because the cop was not aware of the assault taking place, and it was not a bona fide attempt to hurt the cop merely threatening to. So the only charge against him now is the misdemeanor crime of "Pointing a Pistol at Another."

That offense does not make somebody a prohibited person under federal or state law. Even if the cops confiscate his pistol and never return it, he will be free to buy another -- especially after his one year term of misdemeanor probation is up.

I think guys like this should be red flagged, and subject to a lifetime ban on gun ownership absent their petition to have their gun rights restored.

Maybe 10 years in the future I would consider letting this young man have his Second Amendment rights. But not now. Not next year, nor the year after.

Pretty sure he will be "red flagged" by local LEO.

I don't know what that means.

The most impact this "pointing a pistol at another" conviction could have on his gun rights is that he could be banned from gun possession as a condition of probation. Misdemeanor probation can only last 12 months, no longer. So, a year from now he'll be free to walk into any gun store or attend any gun show and buy any pistol, rifle, or whatever. He'd pass the background check. There would be no legal reason to block the sale.

It means that if I were that young man, I would make sure my tag light, brake lights, and turn signals were working, and that I never ever "weaved within a lane" or changed lanes without signaling.

Right now he can buy a gun but I bet in two years he can't.

Unconstitutional. Violation of the due process clause, I think. I may check on it and let u know.
Blah blah blah. You say that as if it’s all one has to bring up and this stuff will go away. It doesn’t. These people aren’t ignorant of the violations of the constitution and are still sponsoring these bills. So saying it violates the constitution doesn’t mean squat because they don’t care.

With several hundred thousand totally new to owning a gun owners in the last 6-8 weeks, a lot of them AR-15s, it will be interesting to see what the public attitude to laws such as this are in 3 months.

I just Heard of a good case where there should be a new red flag law to apply to people like this. A young black man hates the cops. His older brother is an armed robber and murderer serving a life sentence in prison.
This young piece of sh** thug wants to be like his brother and thinks that it would be a good idea to kill cops.

He videotapes himself pointing a pistol and a random cops's back while the officer is distracted pulling over some motorist.
KEY FACT: the cop does not know that he was having a pistol aimed at him.

But Young Thug posts the video of his pistol-pointing on social media and laughs about it and says it would've been a good day to kill a cop.

He was identified through his social media account and arrested shortly there after. However he cannot be charged with aggravated assault because the cop was not aware of the assault taking place, and it was not a bona fide attempt to hurt the cop merely threatening to. So the only charge against him now is the misdemeanor crime of "Pointing a Pistol at Another."

That offense does not make somebody a prohibited person under federal or state law. Even if the cops confiscate his pistol and never return it, he will be free to buy another -- especially after his one year term of misdemeanor probation is up.

I think guys like this should be red flagged, and subject to a lifetime ban on gun ownership absent their petition to have their gun rights restored.

Maybe 10 years in the future I would consider letting this young man have his Second Amendment rights. But not now. Not next year, nor the year after.

Like there is no chance of any red flag law being abused.

Back
Top Bottom