Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Flag laws.

Thread in 'Law & Order' started by FatAlbert, Aug 5, 2019.

No crime committed, take the guns anyway?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sharpsburg

Sharpsburg Soylent green is people! Supporter

Supporter

123   0

GA Carry Contributor
    Rating
    100%
    And I am not sure what federal law you are referring to when you say you have to be found mentally insane. The ATF forms refer to prohibiting sales to those adjudicated mentally defective OR those committed to a mental institution.

Follow the laws in place instead of creating an over-broad power that gives the government the ability to target virtually anyone.
    And I am not sure what federal law you are referring to when you say you have to be found mentally insane. The ATF forms refer to prohibiting sales to those adjudicated mentally defective OR those committed to a mental institution. Current laws address both criteria.

Follow the laws in place instead of creating an over-broad power that gives the government the ability to target virtually anyone. I am shocked that you are an attorney (unless you simply have an agenda) if this is what you are advocating. I am also an attorney and would never even suggest such unfettered power which would almost certainly lead to horrible abuses by those in “power”.

Whether someone is a leftist antra person, a right wing wacko, or just a keyboard warrior on a gun forum, no one should be subject to what you are proposing.

2. FatAlbert

FatAlbert Hiland Arms. Cerakote applicator PM for quotes

119   0

Rating
    100%
    So the avatars are screaming at you, I see. Does anyone else's avatars talk to you? Do you hear any other voices when nobody is physically around?

3. Sharpsburg

Sharpsburg Soylent green is people! Supporter

Supporter

123   0

GA Carry Contributor
    Rating
    100%
    Oh ok. Clearly mentally unstable has no overlap with “violent and threatening or suicidal”? Really? This is your logic? People get baker acted, committed, or whatever the term is from state to state every single day. Try again.

palmettomoon likes this.
  4. Tactical Beaver

Tactical Beaver Hop in, no time to explain... Supporter

Supporter

54   0

Rating
    100%
    Again, my problem is the subjective language. Your scenario is way too broad and up to complete interpretation, which varies extremely ... not to mention, an example from a different country. Maybe he was weird. Maybe there were other signs. My point is, some people would call me weird (not many cause I’m a super duper cool guy :becky:) But what if they did ... you going to take my guns away?? My answer to the OP is still NO, absolutely not. Change my mind.

5. Tactical Beaver

Supporter

54   0

Rating
    100%
    Or they’re just talking **** to get a rise ... who draws the line? Joe X can say all that and mean it. What if I said it to piss someone off because of my 1A and have no intention of harming anyone. Who decides? How? Where do you draw the line?

Wolfpenhiker and palmettomoon like this.
  6. Tactical Beaver

Supporter

54   0

Rating
    100%
    My avatar screams I want to chew some ****ing wood and build a damn. Red Flag meh :pound:

cbrady, 41mag, 300_whisper and 3 others like this.
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart En vino veritas Supporter

Supporter

132   0

Rating
    100%
    It's very ironic, laughable actually, that you cite this incident as an example of why the US needs to abandon the rule of law. If I was your law school professor and you used this I would flunk you out of the class.

1) Canadian law doesn't apply to US citizens.
    2) Even if you look over this obvious logical/legal flaw in your argument - it gets worse. Canadian law does not even recognize the citizens right to own a firearm. In fact, a Canadian gun permit is only issued after extensive background checks and a 28 day waiting period. So using the example of an avowed Canadian goth Satanist getting a gun legally actually argues against your call for more background checks in the US...since in your example Canada already had them and they didn't work after all.
    3)What your example really proves is that no matter how many background checks, waiting periods or other Gestapo-like powers that you give to the government...crazies can still slip through the cracks. In fact, your example proves that all more government regulations will do is make it harder for innocent, law-abiding citizens to exercise their inalienable right to bear arms. In other words you will punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

What Canadian authorities could have done is put that obviously insane and evil sob in a dark cell where he belonged long before he ever acquired a gun. Go to the website he frequented...it's still there. https://vampirefreaks.com
    Websites like this that glorify death, rape and are just plain evil...that's who spawns these sadistic killers.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart En vino veritas Supporter

Supporter

132   0

Rating
    100%
    Anybody who supports red flags laws that deny due process is crazy. Many of them are probably on Wellbutrin for depression...or maybe they were on Ridalin as a child. That makes them dangerous. And by their own definition deserving of a midnight knock on the door. Put that in your pipe and smoke on it. :hat: :pop2:

9. Bypass

Bypass Evil Genius Supporter

Sponsor

142   0

Rating
    100%
    Yep. We are all weird in the eyes of the left.

41mag and FatAlbert like this.
  10. Bypass

Bypass Evil Genius Supporter

Sponsor

142   0

Rating
    100%
    Probably a liberal POS as well.

41mag likes this.