• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Red Fox

Relocating is the part that violates the law.
I'm not advocating for anybody to break the law but who's going to know? The fox ain't going to tell.
I know it's illegal according to hunting regulations to relocate game, but I'm not sure it's illegal to relocate nuisance animals can you please cite the law GH 1950?

Old story relating to illegal trapping - I heard it happened in the 1950's somewhere between Lindale & Cartersville.

Teenager trapped a pest raccoon and was transporting it in his dad's pickup (it was in a cage). Local cop stops him and cites him for trapping out of season. Family treats it as a joke ... until the court date comes up.

Judge treats is very seriously and dad tells judge off, so the judge imposes the max fine which took a chunk out of dad's fairly low income. The dad and most of his family were lower class farming people who worked hard for a living but rarely caused problems for others. Dad scrapes up money to pay the fine then goes home and spreads word of what the judge did to ALL his many relatives.

For years afterwards the judge got road-kill animals tossed into his yard year round. Once when he went on vacation, several road-kill critters ended up under his house. Seems like that family made it a hobby to collect the any dead animal found on the road and deliver it to the judge's house. Never found out how it ended but laughed over that story many times while relating it to others.

We’ve had some red foxes on our property bothering my wife’s cats. When is it legal to shoot them here in Georgia? Since they are being a nuisance can I shoot them anytime?
How does a fox "bother" a cat? I have a cat and visiting foxes, also. Never a problem. I like to watch foxes and bobcats from a deer stand. Foxes play just like a cat. Ain`t killed one since the 70s. I see them all the time, just have no desire to kill one. I do kill yotes and poisonous snakes. Snake lovers will waste their time replying to this. I`m gonna keep on killing them if they are poisonous. I did let one go (rattler) during turkey season instead of spooking the tom I was working.

Reactions: CSA
How does a fox "bother" a cat? I have a cat and visiting foxes, also. Never a problem. I like to watch foxes and bobcats from a deer stand. Foxes play just like a cat. Ain`t killed one since the 70s. I see them all the time, just have no desire to kill one. I do kill yotes and poisonous snakes. Snake lovers will waste their time replying to this. I`m gonna keep on killing them if they are poisonous. I did let one go (rattler) during turkey season instead of spooking the tom I was working.
Not sure. I’m taking my wife’s word on it. They never exaggerate do they?

tenor.gif

Reactions: CSA
We have several grey fox that hang around our place. We feed them bread, they come within ten feet of back steps and sit and wait. They have never bothered our cat who will sit next to the house and watch them.
Also would rather have the fox. Keep mice under control. Damn lazy cat won't.

Back
Top Bottom