Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Fox

Thread in 'Law & Order' started by CSA, May 27, 2019.

1. summer44

summer44 Frontiersman

8   0

Rating
    100%
    I'm not advocating for anybody to break the law but who's going to know? The fox ain't going to tell.
    I know it's illegal according to hunting regulations to relocate game, but I'm not sure it's illegal to relocate nuisance animals can you please cite the law GH 1950?

2. RedneckAndy

RedneckAndy Hunter

15   0

Rating
    100%
    Old story relating to illegal trapping - I heard it happened in the 1950's somewhere between Lindale & Cartersville.

Teenager trapped a pest raccoon and was transporting it in his dad's pickup (it was in a cage). Local cop stops him and cites him for trapping out of season. Family treats it as a joke ... until the court date comes up.

Judge treats is very seriously and dad tells judge off, so the judge imposes the max fine which took a chunk out of dad's fairly low income. The dad and most of his family were lower class farming people who worked hard for a living but rarely caused problems for others. Dad scrapes up money to pay the fine then goes home and spreads word of what the judge did to ALL his many relatives.

For years afterwards the judge got road-kill animals tossed into his yard year round. Once when he went on vacation, several road-kill critters ended up under his house. Seems like that family made it a hobby to collect the any dead animal found on the road and deliver it to the judge's house. Never found out how it ended but laughed over that story many times while relating it to others.

CSA likes this.
  3. yellowhammer

yellowhammer ODT Junkie!

12   0

Rating
    100%
    How does a fox "bother" a cat? I have a cat and visiting foxes, also. Never a problem. I like to watch foxes and bobcats from a deer stand. Foxes play just like a cat. Ain`t killed one since the 70s. I see them all the time, just have no desire to kill one. I do kill yotes and poisonous snakes. Snake lovers will waste their time replying to this. I`m gonna keep on killing them if they are poisonous. I did let one go (rattler) during turkey season instead of spooking the tom I was working.

CSA likes this.
  4. CSA

CSA The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

340   0

Rating
    100%
    Not sure. I’m taking my wife’s word on it. They never exaggerate do they?

5. yellowhammer

yellowhammer ODT Junkie!

12   0

Rating
    100%
    Nope. Wives ain`t gonna change their minds about anything. No use trying.

CSA likes this.
  6. BLIP

BLIP STOCKS REFINISHED Supporter

Supporter

394   0

Rating
    100%
    Please.... don't ever ask a question like that... Unless you like black helicopters.

7. BLIP

BLIP STOCKS REFINISHED Supporter

Supporter

394   0

Rating
    100%
  8. CSA

CSA The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

340   0

Rating
    100%
    Man I’ve had them for years lol

BLIP likes this.
  9. Redneck1919

Redneck1919 Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Supporter

Supporter

26   0

Rating
    100%
    We have several grey fox that hang around our place. We feed them bread, they come within ten feet of back steps and sit and wait. They have never bothered our cat who will sit next to the house and watch them.
    Also would rather have the fox. Keep mice under control. Damn lazy cat won't.