• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reddit Gundeals

I had no idea this reddit thing even had gun deal pages? Could never understand the reddit whole thing anyway (old age). Always looked like a place where they just grabbed info from other sites and forums and re-hosted it? I could never make heads or tails of the site?

They have "subreddits", which are basically just categories for discussion. It's similar to "firearms chat" or any other category on ODT, except there are subreddits for nearly everything under the sun. If you are truly into a topic, Reddit has a huge membership base and is a good place for people with that common interest. "Gundeals" was literally just posting something like "Dealer X has Glock 19s for $400", and people would comment on it. I honestly don't think it was really "soliciting" in the true sense. It wasn't people selling their personal weapons.

I'm going to miss that site.

Tried logging on this morning and was like, dangit!

I guess I won't darken their webspace any more.

Thankful that we still have excellent gun related forums out there like this one.

I'm trying to do my part to support the ones I frequent by becoming a paying member, or at least not blocking the ads on their pages. I know it takes revenue to keep the sites up and I don't want to hurt that lest we end up with nothing.