• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Redlands small game hunting during deer season?

clisbyclark

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
14   0
Reaction score
I may have some time to get out this week for a bit of squirrel hunting and was thinking about trying Redlands. I've never hunted on public land so was wondering a few things.

First, do I need anything other than a hunting license to small game hunt on WMAs?

Second, I've heard all the public land horror stories but generally most of them seem to be close to roads and on weekends. I know deer season is still on and generally try to avoid that competition but was wondering how crowded I could expect Redlands to be during the week this time of year?

Third, any tips on good places in Redlands to try for either rabbits or squirrels would be greatly appreciated! I'm figuring following creeks would be a great place to start.

I’m sure somebody will chime in to say for you to read the regs, I recommend doing so since stuff is different for all the WMA’s in some regards.
But here is the specific seasons for Redlands.
898EA68E-0B06-4DAF-B243-AEEEEE80CEED.jpeg

I’m sure somebody will chime in to say for you to read the regs, I recommend doing so since stuff is different for all the WMA’s in some regards.
But here is the specific seasons for Redlands.
View attachment 2975629

Thanks. So after the reading the regs that I can find, you can hunt small game (other than furbearers like racoon, possum and fox) anytime during their season.

That being said, I still think I'll stay away on weekends during deer seasons.

Thanks

Thanks. So after the reading the regs that I can find, you can hunt small game (other than furbearers like racoon, possum and fox) anytime during their season.

That being said, I still think I'll stay away on weekends during deer seasons.

Thanks
The only deer hunting left there this season is for Dec 26 to Jan 1.

Back
Top Bottom