• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Redneck Reuben

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
So I’m not much of a fast food guy, but I love a good sandwich. I’ve seen the ads for all of these new Arby’s sandwiched and last night I was running late for a meeting and thought I’d try a couple. They were...ok...and expensive for fast food sandwiches.

So I tried making my own a sandwich and see if I could beat Arby’s.

I started with two pieces of bread, lean roast beef and cheddar cheese. I added just a little dab of Sweet Baby’s Rays BBQ sauce to the roast beef, a bread and butter sliced pickle, a little bit of shredded angel hair cabbage and a few dabs of thousand island dressing on top of the cabbage. Pan fried them and then let em sit in the oven for a minute.

Wow. I was pretty impressed with this little sandwich. I call it a Redneck Reuben.

Best is when I Crock Pot cook a Corned Beef Brisket, Butter out side of two Rye bread slices..Put sandwich together in a frying pan, add Thousand Island dressing, Sour Kraut, Pulled Corned Beef, Spicy mustard,top with a good Provolone Cheese. Cook with enough heat to toast outside of Buttered Bread slices..Must have a good Dill pickle sliced..Include cold suds to polish off..

Back
Top Bottom