• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reduced engine power warning

You sure this isn't what you need? http://www.partsgeek.com/qwphgxm-ch...p&utm_term=Chevrolet+Accelerator+Pedal+Sensor

My throttle body went out on mine and it acted the same way. It threw a different code though. Drive by wire throttle body uses sensors in the peddle and throttle body.
i don't think those sensors are changeable. Other than replacing the whole unit.
Yea I ordered it from oreilly auto parts about an hour ago.
Gonna try that since the codes aren't really for the TPS

I used to sell parts, its easy to screw up, especially when the customer doesn't know much more than the kid behind the computer.

Something that may help in the future, the auto parts sellers have their own websites, you can look things up, and usually order and pickup in store. That way if the part is wrong, I can blame myself rather than the clerk. I can forgive my stupidity easier than that of someone else.

I will say this much, at least the OP is trying. How many idiots do you see on the side of the road who cant even change their tire, let alone attempt to troubleshoot a limp mode problem? A for effort.

Standard code readers are cheap, if you do your own work on any fairly modern cars it's worth having one. I even bought a knock of full diagnostics machine for MB when I went through a phase messing with them.

I used to sell parts, its easy to screw up, especially when the customer doesn't know much more than the kid behind the computer.

Something that may help in the future, the auto parts sellers have their own websites, you can look things up, and usually order and pickup in store. That way if the part is wrong, I can blame myself rather than the clerk. I can forgive my stupidity easier than that of someone else.

I will say this much, at least the OP is trying. How many idiots do you see on the side of the road who can even change their tire, let alone attempt to troubleshoot a limp mode problem? A for effort.

If at all possible, I take the part with me, or at least take a picture of it.

My first experience with the Chevy 1500 vs Silverado 1500 was with u joints.
Two different cap sizes on the same joint but the inside vs outside snap ring was reversed for the two applications.
Yep...put the old ones back in and went to get the "correct" part.

Back
Top Bottom