• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reduced engine power warning

Oh so as long as they give me some kind of TPS sensor it's ok?? Right or wrong one doesn't matter??:confused:

No, just drill some new holes and bolt it up, or attach it with JB Weld.:wacko:

If you went looking for a TPS you should already know what yours looks like.:doh:

The guy at Advance is no more of a mechanic, than the checkout clerk at the grocery store is a chef.:hungry:
Yep that's why I bought the tps sensor

So, why did you buy the TPS?
Just because the OBDII scanner said that was it, doesn't make it a fact.:mmph:

There can be other problems that will make the TPS malfunction.
Do you think there is a code that says, catalitic converter is breaking up?:shocked:

Instead of getting all defensive and chastising the clerk at the parts store, maybe you should take it to a qualified mechanic.:wacko:

IMG_20170813_105900.jpg

Do you think there is a code that says, catalitic converter is breaking up?
No, just drill some new holes and bolt it up, or attach it with JB Weld.:wacko:

If you went looking for a TPS you should already know what yours looks like.:doh:

The guy at Advance is no more of a mechanic, than the checkout clerk at the grocery store is a chef.:hungry:

Do you think there is a code that says, catalitic converter is breaking up?:shocked:

Instead of getting all defensive and chastising the clerk at the parts store, maybe you should take it to a qualified mechanic.:wacko:
I'm not all defensive about it but if you tell somebody what you want you would think that would be what you got .
I bet you would Fit in really well as an employee or maybe even the manager at advance auto parts....

You can and should look the part up yourself before going into a parts store, or take the old one with you. There are multiple versions of every engine sold these days, and the parts are often not the same, even though they fir the same engine you have.

Amazon has parts lookup, RockAuto has an even better one.

By the way,code says accelerator pedal, not throttle position. Some newer vehicles don't use a cable driven throttle, so the throttle body and the accelerator have sensors to detect angles and match them.

Do you think there is a code that says, catalitic converter is breaking up?

I'm not all defensive about it but if you tell somebody what you want you would think that would be what you got .
I bet you would Fit in really well as an employee or maybe even the manager at advance auto parts....

You wanted a TPS, that you had no clue to as what it looked like. The clerk (not mechanic) gave you a TPS, but now it's all his fault that you went to the parts store unprepared.

Maybe there were several different TPS applications, maybe the info in the computer was incorrect.:shocked:
I could easily get a job at most any parts store, but I don't think you could with your attitude.:wacko:

I don't berate people due to my short comings.:mmph:
It'll make you look smarter if you try and make those around you look dumber.:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom