• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reduced engine power warning

You can and should look the part up yourself before going into a parts store, or take the old one with you. There are multiple versions of every engine sold these days, and the parts are often not the same, even though they fir the same engine you have.

Amazon has parts lookup, RockAuto has an even better one.

No! don't do that. Don't be realistic at all. It's better to berate the clerk at the parts store for your shortcomings.
Some folks should leave mechanics to the mechanics.

You wanted a TPS, that you had no clue to as what it looked like. The clerk (not mechanic) gave you a TPS, but now it's all his fault that you went to the parts store unprepared.

Maybe there were several different TPS applications, maybe the info in the computer was incorrect.:shocked:
I could easily get a job at most any parts store, but I don't think you could with your attitude.:wacko:

I don't berate people due to my short comings.:mmph:
It'll make you look smarter if you try and make those around you look dumber.:wacko:
Oh I had a clue what it look like, I looked under the engine before I went to the part store
When you have more than two or three times when you have to take parts back to the same store that's not the customer , that's the employee
And I'm allowed to berate an incompetent employee

Oh I had a clue what it look like, I looked under the engine before I went to the part store
When you have more than two or three times when you have to take parts back to the same store that's not the customer , that's the employee
And I'm allowed to berate an incompetent employee

You knew what it looked like, yet you brought home, more than 2 or 3 times, the wrong part so you could piss and moan about it being wrong?:wacko::doh:

Oh, I forgot, the customer is always right. lol:becky:

They were probably doing it on purpose after your first return with your attitude. lol:shocked:

You knew what it looked like, yet you brought home, more than 2 or 3 times, the wrong part so you could piss and moan about it being wrong?:wacko::doh:

Oh, I forgot, the customer is always right. lol:becky:

They were probably doing it on purpose after your first return with your attitude. lol:shocked:
On more than 2-3 occasions ( different times) some not even related to this problem I have gotten wrong parts from same store ,same lady

So why did you go get a TPS?
That's what I was told was needed to fix the error codes given by the scanner, that the incompetent advance auto parts Oompa Loompa lady told me.
•You wanna ask why I believed her? : cause I thought she was more competent than that
•She works there I don't... that's her job!
•I'm not a mechanic.
•you said go to advance

All are reasons why.
Any more question?

I saw the first post Chevy 1500.
When I first got my Silverado, I quickly found out that you have to say "Silverado" or you will get the wrong part every time.
I usually look to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom