• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Refinishing advice/options needed

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
I traded for a HK93 clone a few weeks ago and want to have the receiver/barrel refinished. Any opinions/advice appreciated. Chris

Last edited:
Id park it then sericoat it. If u want a completely flat finish then go with an air dry. If u want a satin finish go with the heat cure. My avitar is my fn I did this past sat that I heat cured. Its the toughest combination and the colors and looks are endless. believe me.. I hate when I get bored with a finish and have to blast that stuff off.

I got an email back from Brian Ott and he advised that "Duracoat offers an HK Semi Gloss that is very close to the original HK finish in color and appearance" and quoted me a price of $140 depending on condition of metal. I am not sure that I don't want to go w/ a flat black finish though. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

I use dura coat for everything but the.metal (unless you want a finish other than black) sorry if I sound like a broken record but sericoat is the way to go. The satin finish of the heat cured looks exactly lile a factory glock slide

I use dura coat for everything but the.metal (unless you want a finish other than black) sorry if I sound like a broken record but sericoat is the way to go. The satin finish of the heat cured looks exactly lile a factory glock slide

All the furniture is in great shape, so all I need to do is the metal. I am leaning towards a flat black look instead of glossy. I just don't have the place to spray and allow to dry w/o contaminates; so, still need to find someone else that can do it for me.

Back
Top Bottom