• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Refreshing Your Get Home Bag

I check mine twice a year usually.

Update to the newest clothes size for my kid. This year i got to clear out spare diapers and toddler snacks. Replacing them with real food since he can eat the same stuff we do now. I add gloves, winter hat, neck gaiter and long johns in the winter. Got a Crossbreed pack mat for my bag. Put a spare mag and ammo for my EDC with it. Recharge the battery pack. Check to make sure all electronics work. Swap out lighters / batteries.

I usually find a new / lighter version of something to swap out throughout the year as my plan evolves. This year I’m actually springing for a much better pack since i took mine hiking and we got stuck in a rainstorm. Waterproof cover wasn’t.

What do you guys actually have in your ghb, or furthermore why do you have one in your car is a good question lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Flashlight & radio with batteries
Clothes
Shelf stable food
Tuna
Canned food with easy open tab
Prepaid Visa card
Same amount in cash
Underwear
Cold weather gear
OTC & Rx meds
Self defense supplies including a knife
P-38
Water filter

That’s all I can think off without getting it out.

Flashlight & radio with batteries
Clothes
Shelf stable food
Tuna
Canned food with easy open tab
Prepaid Visa card
Same amount in cash
Underwear
Cold weather gear
OTC & Rx meds
Self defense supplies including a knife
P-38
Water filter

That’s all I can think off without getting it out.
I would seriously consider ditching almost any food stuff for either carb gels/bars and/or dehydrated and freeze dried stuff. The weight alone is astonishing (for a bug) not really sure why everyone has tons of food in a "get home bag" unless they work quite a ways out. Lol

Only have enough food for a couple of days. Mainly in case I make it home or close to home & find out I can’t go home.
I work up to 85 miles away at times.

Only have enough food for a couple of days. Mainly in case I make it home or close to home & find out I can’t go home.
Makes sense, I'm just saying if you're using food you're probably hoofing it. And 5lbs is more like 50 after 5 miles.

Makes sense, I'm just saying if you're using food you're probably hoofing it. And 5lbs is more like 50 after 5 miles.

I do need to get more up to speed on ultralight gear. As far as food goes, I’ve used the mountain home freeze dried foods & only found the beef stew to be palatable.

Back
Top Bottom