• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Registering trailer with no papers?

I’ve inspected hundreds over the years, easy to take care of . Sheriffs office don’t charge a fee and they will come to your house to inspect!

I lost the title I got with my trailer before transferring to my name and just called and told them that so they sent a sheriff out and he filled out a form and I got a new title. Easy as that.

In Henry County, I did the same thing except the police officer drove by my house to check the trailer. Took form to office and plate issued. Mine was manufactured, had in N C and never been registered. Easy process
Our tag office is acr0ss the street for the police station. To save time, I took the trailer to the popo, then the paperwork to the tag office.

I went thru this 10 years ago in Newton County. The VIN number will determine
which steps to take.

Inspect the trailer, if you can find the VIN number, take the Vin number and a bill
of sale to the tag office. The will do the rest.

If you can't locate the Vin number, the tag office will issue you a "Home Built
Trailer" form & a new Vin number. Complete the form, attached the Vin number
to the trailer (i engraved mine with an engraving tool) & have the Sheriff inspect
the trailer & sign the form, take signed form to the tag office. Good luck.

Titles don’t count on trailers in GA. When I handed my title to the tag agent I was told to throw it away. Makes stealing and retaking trailers pretty easy I’d guess.

Titles don’t count on trailers in GA. When I handed my title to the tag agent I was told to throw it away. Makes stealing and retaking trailers pretty easy I’d guess.
Titles don't count, but manufacturer statements of origin (MSO) do. With an MSO you can get a tag without all the hassle.

Back
Top Bottom