• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading 101

I have not seen it posted here yet..... but folks that use several different types of powders (most reloaders- unless you are loading one caliber) need to keep only that powder can you are using at the time on your bench. This will keep you from mixing powder inadvertently.

It happened to my father years ago when one of the kids got hurt and had to go to the hospital. He dumped one type powder in anothers jug real fast and capped it. Took care of things then went back to loading. Unfortunately he lost a nice Smith revolver over it when it exploded. Fortunately he didnt get hurt.

Key to this is it is easy to do, even with experience, screw ups happen. Keep stuff simple.

That's a real good explanation of necked brass reloading. We should make this a sticky and put right with the other stickies... Wait wut???

Now you can put the bullet into the case with your bullet seat die.

Set your seat die to the long side and slowly adjust it down until you reach the correct length.
Then I like to use a factory crimp die to really hold it in there. All this is done in the press.

i14.photobucket.com_albums_a309_royce636_P1000143.jpg

i14.photobucket.com_albums_a309_royce636_P1000144.jpg

i14.photobucket.com_albums_a309_royce636_P1000145.jpg

i14.photobucket.com_albums_a309_royce636_P1000146.jpg

Check the first few and set the bullet depth then load them all.

i14.photobucket.com_albums_a309_royce636_P1000148.jpg

i14.photobucket.com_albums_a309_royce636_P1000147.jpg

Now your ready to go shooting and do it all again !!!
Very nice pic's and some good info. keep them in the 10

Back
Top Bottom