• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading 300 Blackout

darrenmd

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
I am trying to get into reloading 300 Blackout due to the shortage of ammo available and or the cost of it. I am finding it hard to get the reloading supplies also. Please let me know if you have any links to supplies for the 300 Blackout ammo.

Thanks

It's small rifle primers, magnum pistol powder (H110, Lil Gun) and .30 cal bullets.

Everything reloading wise is hard to come by right now, but if you keep an eye out and a wallet ready you should be able to get some supplies.

Have figured out/been informed, you can re-size 5.56 brass to work. I am not sure how I feel about that, but I see lots of people trying it......

Have figured out/been informed, you can re-size 5.56 brass to work. I am not sure how I feel about that, but I see lots of people trying it......

Thats all I do ... Use a little Harbor Freight 2" chop saw. Jig slices off at the shoulder 1.375" I anneal the necks. I then size the batch. Tumble in kitty litter. Trim with a Possum Hollow trimmer to 1.365" Slam primers, powder, bullet then crimp with Lee factory crimp die. I use about 19 grains of H110, CCI primers, and Barnes 110gr TTSX. Sub MOA at 100 yards. Chronograph ~2300 fps

I havent used factory 300 BO Brass. Although I did snag 200 Hornady cases.

I do it, I use a little chop saw I bought at harbor freight and this device i bought on ebay makes it much faster. Don't know where else to get 300 brass that isn't expensive.

there is some H110 for sale in the reloading FS section.. perfect powder for the 330blk.

I too use the HF mini cutoff saw with an attachment to hold the case mentioned by themayor

then I use the Dillion electric sizer/trimer on them just cause I had it for 223.

the possum hollow trimer is a very good inexpensive alternative...for trimmming the cases..

I use LC cases for the conversion

That H110 is in Milledgeville... Too far a drive for me to get 1lb of powder and not worth the Hazmat fees... :mad: I have H380 for trade on H110 N110 or LilGun....and to the OP it's not a hard thing to do going 223 to 300BO

there is some H110 for sale in the reloading FS section.. perfect powder for the 330blk.

I too use the HF mini cutoff saw with an attachment to hold the case mentioned by themayor

then I use the Dillion electric sizer/trimer on them just cause I had it for 223.

the possum hollow trimer is a very good inexpensive alternative...for trimmming the cases..

I use LC cases for the conversion

I use the worlds finest trimmer. I looked at the dillon trimmer but read a lot of reviews about the blade needing to be changed after a couple thousand cases. Did you make your own jig for the saw or buy something?

Back
Top Bottom