• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading 300 Blackout

Thats all I do ... Use a little Harbor Freight 2" chop saw. Jig slices off at the shoulder 1.375" I anneal the necks. I then size the batch. Tumble in kitty litter. Trim with a Possum Hollow trimmer to 1.365" Slam primers, powder, bullet then crimp with Lee factory crimp die. I use about 19 grains of H110, CCI primers, and Barnes 110gr TTSX. Sub MOA at 100 yards. Chronograph ~2300 fps

I havent used factory 300 BO Brass. Although I did snag 200 Hornady cases.

This but I also picked up a LE Wilson Head Space Gauge..just to double check..Have done several K Between sub and super I use H110 Lil Gun and h1680

I use a jig made by a fellow here:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...made-to-cut-blackout-cases-quickly-and-easily

you should be able to contact him on that thread.

thing works slick...and a nice guy to work with too

so far my Dillon electric trimmer has been perfect.. takes a bit of time to setup but it will spit them out

I'm a big fan of the posum hollow trimmers I have one of just about every case style they make.. put them in a drill press with their adapter and you can trim cases in a hurry for little $$

Last edited:
Barnes developed a "Blackout" bullet. A TTSX the polymer tip is black.The dimensions to account for the stubby case, fit in magazine, bullet feeding criteria. I snag 1 box and have 5 more on order. I also used Hornady vmax in 110 grain. Very accurate loads from both bullets. I too bought the jig. A bit pricey but well worth the cost. I have loaded some 220 grain subsonic but havent gotten to the range to chronograph.

Has anybody seen the magazine dedicated to the "Blackout" a special yearly edition. I have last years that was AR15 and this years for 300BO. Some interesting reads and stuff to "lust" after.:p

Thats all I do ... Use a little Harbor Freight 2" chop saw. Jig slices off at the shoulder 1.375" I anneal the necks. I then size the batch.

Is that the Chicago Electric Power Tools - item#42307 from Freight Harbor?

How are you doing this "anneal the necks"?

Is that the Chicago Electric Power Tools - item#42307 from Freight Harbor?

How are you doing this "anneal the necks"?

Harbor Chop saw http://www.harborfreight.com/bench-top-cut-off-saw-42307.html
Use a promo code and save a few bucks. There is a brick & motor store for HF in Dunwoody.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annealing is pretty important when forming cases from a parent case. Without annealig you reduce the life of the brass since working it stress's the properties.

I'm working on a little project to speed things up. I bought a stainless steel lazy Suzanne, a microwave rotation motor 2RPM, and a bucket. Picture the lazzy suzanne with holes drilled (3/8") around the edge with the microwave motor rotating the lazy suzanne past two butane torches. As the brass gets annealed by the torchs as it rotates around a hole in the bottom plate drops the brass down into a 5 gallon bucket.

What I do until I get this project underway... I have a small battery powered screw driver attached to a deep well 3/8" socket. Berzomatic torch flame on I apply the heat to a rotating case until it gets red. You can use various heat sensitive products but If you get a feel for it they arent required. Once temperature is right flip them into a bucket of water. Goes a little slow but if you run 20-100 cases very economical to anneal brass. The mini torches are also at Harbor Freight for $9 .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom